Chapter 16

Lisa

Currently, we were in Lily's room. By we, I meant me, Jennie, Lily, and that asshole.

No one else in my family knew the truth with exactly to whom Jennie was getting married. Once they got to know that she was getting married, all of their expressions had been downed with cold water. They didn't even bother to find out more about the groom, except his name being Kai something. This was also the reason they didn't come to Jennie's wedding. Jennie had been disheartened back then, but she had understood all of the excuses everyone had given. However, thank goodness for my family being so disinterested in the entire affair. Otherwise, they would have figured out the truth behind Kai.

I crossed my arms against my chest and leaned on the wall in one corner of Lily's room. Jennie was sitting on the bed next to Lily while that asshole was sitting on the couch.

"Okay, so before I start telling the full story, Jennie, I am sorry," Lily apologized to Jennie, who gave her a curt nod in return. "Kai and I have been dating for about two years."

"Then, why was he about to marry Jennie?" I couldn't help but ask, my tone coming out more aggressive than intended.

"Have some patience, dude," Kai said with a smirk.

I clenched my fists, and my eyes turned to Jennie, who shook her head at me, indicating me to control myself from beating the fuck out of that guy. But God, I wish Jennie just understood that anyone who hurt her was already my worst enemy. And now, that worst enemy was dating my sister-out of all the goddamn women in the world.

"It's actually embarrassing," Lily murmured, lowering her head in shame. "KAI and I had a huge argument a few months ago, then we stopped talking for a while. When I decided to get back with him, he told me that his dad was forcing him to marry someone. I never asked him whom he was marrying and decided to end our relationship forever. I convinced myself to move on from him. Because that's what I thought would be the best choice for everyone involved."

"Then, what happened?" asked Jennie.

Lily take a deep breath and continued, "On the wedding day, I... found out that..." She took a quick peek at my reaction before lowering her head once again. "I found out that I was pregnant. I didn't have the courage to tell anyone about it yet."

I gaped at her in disbelief. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. What the heck? Pregnant with who? Kai's child? How dare that motherfucker knock up my sister? But wait, the woman that came on the wedding day was not-

"Plus, it was too late to inform kai. So to stop the wedding, I sent an actual pregnant friend of mine to inform the bride that she was pregnant. I swear, Jennie, I didn't know you were the bride, otherwise, I would have informed you earlier instead of throwing that last moment bomb."

Again, what the heck?

I was about to walk towards kai to fucking smash a vase or something on his head because that fucker didn't even deserve to be breathing the same air as Jennie and Lily, but Jennie stepped beside me all of a sudden. She snaked an arm over mine and smiled, as if knowing that I was going to kill him.

"It's okay, Lily," Jennie said. "Whatever happens, happens for the best."

Lily finally raised her head and grinned. "I know, right? You and lisa got married that day after realizing the love you guys have for each other. But seriously, lisa, how could you not have proposed to her sooner than kai?"

"You know him, Lily. He tends to overthink big decisions," Jennie lied smoothly.

Jennie just kept smiling as I looked at her in surprise. How could she stay so calm in these situations? And how could she always know when to stop me and what to say, just at the right time? Sometimes, I wonder what my life would've been without her.