ch 7. Meeting the prince

"so, you are the minotaur killer that I've been hearing about lately"

Ah yes....the bastard in front of me is the prince of our kingdom and the fiance of the villainess, prince Robert Fletcher.

"Well yes, I'm that person that you've been hearing..." There's no need to deny it, I tried already but everyone just call it.. me being humble

"Cassandra holds you with high regard, even recommending you as to become one of my knights... So? What do you think?"

I raised my eyebrow to this offer..so it was Cassandra's doing, she really think I can be a candidate for the position of a knight of the prince...and after he was crowned, I'll be a knight of the king

It seems that a very easy step to becoming the strongest knight... But..looking at this guy... I don't like him, he has that semblance of royalty like many others.. prideful...something that I hate the most

"Sorry but I won't take the offer prince Robert"

He was genuinely surprised to what I say "and why is that?" He ask me a face of seriousness painted all over his previous smug ass.."if you accept you can transfer into class-A and basically become like one of the nobility.."

"Sorry, but that's why exactly I don't want it" I said as I smile "I made friends in my class that I wouldn't want to abandon..they are dear friends..to me"

"Then I can just transfer them to class a to-"

"No, if you do that I'm sure many of the nobles in that class will only discriminate them for their humble upbringings...so I must decline" I bow down to him..turn my back against him and walk away..

I didn't look back but I'm sure his face is that of shock because of my decisions...

But I didn't know that it was not the prince who was affected the most by this... It's was Cassandra

She just went to my dorm opening the door without knocking "You..."

"Eh?"

She walk to me with a very annoyed face "why did you decline the prince offer!?" She asked aggressively

"N-news travels fast huh?" I said as I smiled at her nervously..

She sighed as she calmed down a little crossing her arms while looking at me "so? Why did you decline it?"

"Well...I don't like the way he speak.. he's smug, he's acting like a spoiled brat and most importantly he's just like all other noble kids in this place" I just blurted all of that forgetting that this girl in front of me is his fiance "...please don't tell that to him, i don't want to go in jail"

Cassandra look at me in shock before laughing bit "you are brave..for.you to tell me all of those... But..I can't deny that he's a spoiled child..he's the king's only son... But you should reconsider...even if he's like that he's a nice man..I know it because he's the man that I love"

Well that's some information... So she did like him... She's saying all of those with her face all red

"I get it,I get it.. I will think about it.. but no promises.."

"Thanks" she would walk out my door but stopped when she saw the sword she gave me tuck away safely in the corner "your taking care of it"

"Of course, it's a gift from you.."

"Not because it's expensive?"

"???.. no, it's because it's a gift.. my mother always tell me to cherish any gift..expensive or not"

She smiled when I said that, but I can barely see it her back is facing me with her head only tilted to look at the sword

"Good, I would be mad if that sword gets even the slightest of rust" then she left me alone...

For now I can sigh in relief..thank God she's didn't came here to kill me..

TO BE CONTINUED

(Sorry for a shorter chapter, me tired )