ch 17. The Beginning

Months would pass.. for some reason everything was silent in my part.. it's halfway this school year ..many things happened since that day when I fought Cassandra's father.. I've also been training a lot with the help of my friends.. thanks to her father I have learned a new skill.

We have become close to Cassandra, she's much more open to share with us, she even jokingly told us that she would transfer into our class..but I know she won't, that won't be good for her image, she was already known as thia strict And cold princess in this academy.. and us as her chosen subjects.. it's funny how other students see our friendship and made a full on story about it

Anyways... As of now, I was in my room lazing around when Thomas went in through the window

"Dude! Come on! I told you,you should help me  pick clothing to wear in the party!"

Right... A party, it was rarely for us first year to have a very grand and expensive  ball like this.. I guess having the prince of the kingdom in the same year as you has it perks..because if the preparations there are no classes for a week straight

"Seriously? Why should I help you pick? I'm not your mom you know"

"What about you? What are you going to wear?"

"My uniform"

"Huh!? You serious!? "

"Yeah, what's about it?"

"No! This is a ball! You need to mingle with other people! You should look presentable"

"I'm very much presentable in my uniform"

"That's not it! Come! Follow me!"

I was not going too, but the bastard Thomas had called backup..turns out that Anna and Cassandra are also on their way to pick something to wear..and I was forced to come...

.
.
.
.
.

In the clothing store, a place that Cassandra knows personally..we are to choose the clothes that we will wear for the ball

Anna seems to be enjoying herself over the dresses, Cassandra is with her picking out dresses too, while Thomas is looking at the suits..while I'm here sitting in the corner..

Anna seems to have picked a blue dress, it's seems that Cassandra recommended it..

When Anna went to try out the dress, Cassandra walk towards me with a smile on her face  "can't pick?"

"Well..I already told you guys that I'm planning to go in my school uniform..the teachers said that it's fine to do just that"

"Nuh-uh, your not going to wear your school uniform in that ball" she held me by the arm and pulling me away from the couch "I'll pick something for you"

"You don't have to"

"I insist"

"You're annoying"

"It's better than going to a ball dedicated to us freshmen wearing a school uniform..and so! I'll be buying you a pair, let's just say it's sorry for that time my father hurt you in that duel"

I just gave in and sigh..when she acts like this it's hard to say no, since she'll insist that it's for the best.. it's been that way since she start to hang out with us more

"Fine..do what you want"

Cassandra smiles "fufu~ I'll make sure to pick something that fits you.. something that will make girls look at you in a different light"

Who do you think is at fault with my current reputation huh?

Cassandra happily look at the selection, even occasionally putting it in front of my torso to see if it does fit my look

"Hmmm.. I guess a black suit,black tie, black pants and white dress shirt will be a good fit for you"

"Isn't that just the colors of the school uniform that I'm planning to wear?"

"Nonsense, even if it is the same color a formal suit is far more elegant than your school uniform, also..look at this, the fabric used for this is far more superior that our uniform right?'

..well..what she say is true, it is more of a high quality clothing..

"Fine..fine... I'll wear what you pick"

She smiles and hand me the things that she picked "good, now put it on and let me see how it looks"

I went inside the dressing room to put on the suit..and it..it is a perfect fit..and it's very comfortable to wear.. how the hell did she measure my body with just her eyes...

When I got out wearing the suit that Cassandra picked..she just started at me for a while

"Hey.."

"Oh- look at you, you looks like a proper gentleman with that, I'm sure many people will love your clothing in the ball"

"Oh! That looks good on you Desmond!" Anna complimented, she is also done with trying on the dress..the blue dress goes well with her blonde hair and blue eyes

"Likewise" I said as I smile at her, shed enjoying this a lot

"That dress looks so good on you Anna" Cassandra complimented her with a smile

"It's all thanks to you Cassandra!"

Then Thomas appeared already wearing the suit that he picked a black tuxedo with orange vest and tie

"I didn't know that you are good with picking clothing" Cassandra said as she look at Tom "the orange vest goes well with your hair..good choice"

"Of course! I may not look like it but I know a lot about trendy fashion, you look good in that dress Anna!", Thomas complimented

"Thank you tom, you look good in yours too"

"I'm glad to hear that from ya!"

.
.
.

"So what are you wearing?" I looked at Cassandra while tom and Anna are talking

"Well..I do have dresses ready but..I don't know"

"Huh? You went and pick something for me but you haven't pick what you'll wear?"

"Well..I was planning to wear red.. it's the prince's favorite color"

"Seriously?"

"What? Is there something wrong with that?"

"You went your way to pick something that will fit our hair and eye color..and even complimented how Thomas picked something that matches his. And your gonna wear red???"

"I look good in red with some hints of black you know, my dark brown hair fits well with it"

Come to think of it..that's the color of dress she wears in the prince's coming of age back then... gosh..it's pissing me how much she tries to appease that prince...

"So, what color do you think fits me?" She ask with a smile

"Well..base on what I heard with everyone in here...something that is the same color as ones hair or eye..a brown dress is..lame..but I guess a green one would look good"

"Interesting, I'll think about it"

Think about it..heh, meaning she'll still wear red

.
.
.

TO BE CONTINUED