ch 10. The girl with the glasses

"thanks for buying!"

The shop keep said before I walk out of the shop, going to this armorer to get my self a new shield after my shield was destroyed by that minotaur.. it was Saturday and we don't have classes, and it's been a week after that Holliday.

I went alone in this part of the city just to buy a shield, but of course I should get some groceries as well.

Going to the market to buy some vegetables,meat and spices.. I tend to cook my own meal in the school, the food in the cafeteria is very bland..it's not bad but..living in a house with a chef as a father means I develop a bit of a picky palette in food that I taste.. well, cooking for my self also saves me a lot of money.

After getting everything that I need, I am now carrying a shield on my back and a paper bag of food on my arms..it's when I see...

"Your should thank your master for this you know!" a woman, it seems that she's a noble, along with her are other  girls and boys... I recognize some of them..they are students from our academy..

"B-but I didn't do anything to all of you..it was master you pick a fight with..s-so please..I need to bring this back to master or else I'll get punish" there's someone in there..also, master? I see..so that's what it is this girl with glasses is that..

Sometimes nobles sponsor commoner kids to get in the academy, in exchange that they will be servants for their children in the academy.. it seems that this group of students have a vendetta against this girl's master and they decided to gang up on her.

"Oh really?~ I'm sure your master would be pissed if you don't get to deliver this to her right?" She would grab the paper bag she's holding

"P-please give it back!" Before she can try to take the paper bag back she was pushed by one of the male students onto the wall

"We can do what we want with her right?" One of the male said whiles smirking...

"Of course, she's just a commoner anyways"

Okay that does it

"Hey.." I put down my groceries and walk towards them, they looked at me of course... why does this kind of things always happens to me? I'm trying to live normally here in this academy you know..but then I can't just leave her like this

"What do you want?" The girl that grab the paper bag ask

"give it back to her"

"Huh?"

"I said give it back to her"

"Heh? Fool, do you know who I am!? I'm the daughter of Baron Ness! So if you have a brain commoner! You will turn around and leave!"

...I hate this kind of nobles

"And what if I say no?"

"You really are an idiot.. beat him up" she orders the male students that with her, they all seems to be noble kids or someone who has high enough ranking to be chummy with nobles...

They charged at me...but I easily dispatched them.. they aren't using any sword so I just dodge their attacks, I thank my training.. I could easily read what they gonna do..and s I punch one, trip one, and kicked one.. two left..

The other two looked at me and pull their swords out "you bastard!" Again, they are too crude with their movements..too easy to read..specially with eyes of mine

I didn't unsheathe my sword, I just took it out my belt..there's no need to cut them down.. I quickly dispatch of the other 2 male students with a single attack each on their stomach..making them fell down

"H-how dare you! You really are an idiot! Whoever you I will make.sure that you-" before she can finish her sentence one of the female student with her recognize me

"T-that..isn't that the student that defeated a minotaur!?"

"I heard that he's close to the prince and his fiance!"

Wait what... I understand if it's just Cassandra..but why the prince? Are the people making rumors really stupid???

After hearing that the noble woman didn't even said any word anymore..but her face is full of fear, and they help their friends up and leave the area..even leaving the paper bag the girl with the glasses is carrying

"Are you alright?" I hand it over to her

"T-thank you so much.." for some reason, her manner of speaking reminds me of Anna..now that I see her close up...she has short red hair and glasses "h-how can I repay you for this!?"

"It's nothing...also, you don't have to repay me anything.." I'm more happy that I give those guys a beating, they really piss me off..

"B-but..you helped me a lot"

"Just forget it, I didn't do it to get payed" I walk away from her to grab the groceries that I bought..but then..it's gone "where the hell is it.." it seems while I'm busy giving those nobles a beating they deserves..k was robbed...

"Umm...here" the girl with the glasses gave me some gold coins "sorry...because you saved me you lost the things that you bought"

"You don't need to, I can just buy again with my own-"

"I insist!" She just put it in my hands and run away...

"Wait!.. what the hell.." I looked at the coins and.. it's much more than what I use to buy those ingredients..

And so...

After re-buying the stuff that was stolen from me, I just walk back in the same route I went from before...but I see something interesting.. it was Anna she seems very happy..did something happen? Before I had an opportunity to ask why she's here she was already gone..I lost her in the crowd of people..welp..she's the protagonist anyways so Im sure she won't be in Any danger..so I leave...

____________

Desmond didn't know, but the reason why anna is very happy..is because she's on a date with the guy she met on the library...

It seems that's..the events in the original story, is about to unfold

TO BE CONTINUED