ch 16. The villainess' father

After that eventful picnic, me and Cassandra went on to meet someone in her dorm, this person..this person might be someone of importance to her..probably her father. He was an old friend of my father..I didn't even know that I have that kind of connection to the villainess.. I wonder if this is an actual thing in the story..how much does my existence effect this world? Do I even suppose to exist? This questions are always in my head ever since the first time I directly play a role as myself..helping the main character and the villainess of the story..they ended up becoming good friends...

"Hmm? Are you alright? You seems to be thinking a lot of things right now" Cassandra ask with a smile

"It's nothing..I'm just kinda nervous,your visitor, it's your father isn't it?"

"I see that you had already anticipated who it was, but yes..you are right,it is indeed my father" So..I am right, it was her father who visited and wanted to meet me..it's probably regarding the incident..the attempted assassination of his daughter

Getting in the lobby of her dorm, we are greeted by a tall man wearing a knights's uniform,he has a well kept beard..he looks a lot like Cassandra..fierce and proud,but I can feel the aura of a father, the same thing how I felt to my own

"So,you are that guy that ny daughter talks about. The aspiring knight wgk defeated a minotaur..the one who refuse the prince's offer..and the one who saved my daughter from the assassins"

"Yes sir" I said while looking at him, he intimidating.. so this is the father of the villainess

"I see, I also heard that your father is my good ol' friend Orlando, ot has been a while when we met each other, how was your father?"

"He's fine, still busy with the restaurant"

He smiled before bowing his head "thank you for saving my daughter..to think that the son of my friend will be the one who save my precious daughter.. this must be destiny's doing"

"P-please sir, there's no need to bow in front of me, I just did what I must
..also, without our other friend..I wouldn't be able to save her"

"You are a good young man..so, why did you refuse the prince's offer on becoming his knight? Your dream is to become one yes?"

Well... True, but I just hate the prince and his attitude towards things...I can't just say that do I?

"It my be rude to say it but, I just don't feel like it.. I'm sure that will make my dream easier..But I want to experience more before becoming one..and I'll prove my self, even without the recognition of the prince"

Cassandra's father seems to be pleased with my answer.. at least?

"Hmm..follow me" he said as he walk outside.. and so, me and Cassandra followed the man.

While we are walking, the conversation started again

"I want to test your skills"

"Pardon?"

"We will have a friendly duel, if that's alright"

He wants to test my abilities? Does he want to check how good I am in a battle? How strong I am? Perhaps if I'm worthy to even become the prince's knight?

"Father..do you really need to?" Cassandra ask

"Yes, Hearing his exploits from you, I'm sure he will be strong..at least in a student's sense"

Cassandra sighs and look at me before whispering "be careful..he tends to go overboard in friendly matches sometimes.."

"I'll keep that in mind" I don't know much about him..but considering how famous they are..he must be quiet strong..

.
.
.
.

When we arrive at the training grounds he would pull his  zweihander sword out, it was beautiful..I can already tell that it was forge by a very talented smith..and the metal that they used..that shimmer, mithril..the same metal that is used to make the sword that cassandra had gifted me

"You use a shield yes? If you want you can get a shield first..I can wait" he wants me to comfortable huh?

"No need sir" I pulled my sword out of it's sheath, holding it with both hands.. may be using a shield but it doesn't mean I can't fight with only a sword in hand "I am capable of using only a sword too"

"Good..then, let's begin"

I just blinked.. and he's already near my position..he has a longer blade so he has advantage with his reach.and I can't rely with speed, he seems to be capable of using his sword as if it's an extension of his limbs..he had mastered it

I block the attack that he had thrown..it was heavy..I can feel my hand shake with the impact

"You blocked that? Now I'm convinced..but I want to see more!"

He keep attacking and all I can do is block and dodge his attack..the skill gap between us is so big..he's way better than me..

I kept my focus as we kept going..then finally I see an opening, I thrust my sword onto his face but he dodges it, moving his face to the right side..in this position, my shorter blade is in an advantage..but I made a huge mistake..

Im too focus with his sword that I was hit by a kick to my guts making me stumble backward..

And then, was about to attack me with a vertical slash,I raised my blade and took all of it...I can feel my legs and arms..my bones and flesh felt it..he's strong..it's as if I'm fighting the minotaur all again..but this time, with more skills and precision..

He then followed up with a horizontal slash, I again..blocked it but the force made me move backwards..

With a smile in his face, he seems to be happy with my performance..but then

"Block this!" His hand starts to spark..is he using magic!? Lightning magic to be precise! Dammit..if that hits my sword..the current will also electrocute  me.. but I can't move..that vertical slash still hurts!

"Father!" Cassandra shouts but her father had already shoot a bolt of lightning at me

Out of desperation.. I blocked it using my sword..
.
.
.
And surprisingly? It didn't electrocute me?

"H-how?" I ask

"You idiot..I heard that you block the fireball with your shield, you have a mithril sword..mithril can deflect,absorb,and cut throught magical attacks. Remember that Desmond Roxley"

H-he's crazy..he even made his daughter sigh after that display...tho.
I didn't know that mithril can do that..I just know it's almost indestructible...

"Father! You went too hard on him! I knew that this will happen!" The daughter then scolds the father.. while I watch there...dumbfounded..

TO BE CONTINUED