ch 9. lunch

My father is a very busy man, specially in times line this..a Holliday where many people decided to dine in  our restaurant..but right now he's with us in our dinner table in our home just up our restaurant..it seems that he left everything to his employees

"Thank you for giving us your time father" I said smiling at him, he also smiled back

"Of course, my son went home as promise and with a surprise, to think that you will bring new friends along with you"

"Sorry about that.."

"It's my fault uncle, I didn't told him in advance" tom took the blame again

"And to think one of your said friends is the daughter of duke Windermere"

"Thank you for accepting us as guest sir" Cassandra spoke with outmost elegance again

"It's nothing, I would never turn down  my son's friends, specially the daughter of the duke.. how's your father?"  He ask which surprised me..

"Hmm? Do you perhaps know my father sir?"

"Well it's a story from a very long time ago, but yes...he's the one personally hire me as a chef in the prince's coming of age after all"

"I see, I  didn't  know, I also wanted to taste your cooking again, I can't forget that day, I think the one that I like back then is a pasta dish.."

While my father and Cassandra us talking about the pass, I lean onto mt mom and who is sitting beside me to ask her a question "mom..I didn't know that dad knew the duke"

"He don't really wanna talk about it..haha..but your dad and the duke are friends back in the academy"

"Wait really?"

"They are, just being a good cook won't give you a lot of customers you know...the duke helped your father a lot"

..this revelation is just..mind boggling, how? Why didn't he tell me something so crucial? But it's fine, it seems that Cassandra didn't know ..

Meanwhile

"Big brother Tom..can't you eat a bit slowly" My sister is already scolding tom with his antics

"Hahaha sorry, your father's cooking just the best"

"Miss Roxane is right Thomas.. even if the food is very tasty, you should always mind your table manners" well said Anna..well said

I also starts eating, I miss this meals..it's really hard to have a proper diet if the food is always this good..

The lunch went really well..everyone loved the food and gets to know each other..it's was 3pm when tom suddenly stands up in his chair while we are having tea

"Alright, I'll be taking my leave now, i still need to finish the activity miss Magnolia gave us"

"Wah!? I also forgot about that activity!" Anna exclaimed

"Seriously... You two, why didn't you finish it last night?" I said last sighing which made Cassandra giggle

Tom and Anna left early, I was half expecting for Cassandra to leave but she didn't... It seems that she has nothing to do at the moment

And now we ended up standing in our house's balcony looking at the people below..

It was very awkward since the both of us didn't talk at all....

I would sigh and just ended the awkward silence "hey"

"Hmm?"

"Why did you come with us? I know your home is far away but.. don't you have any  classmates to hang out?"

"I do actually, but I turn them all down"

"Huh why?..even the prince?"

When I said the word 'prince' her face suddenly shifts into a disappointed one

"No...I'm the one who gets turned down"

"But why?"

"It seems that he has something to do.. he's always busy so I didn't get to invite him in advance..so I just turned down anyone else and tried to ask him out..but, again..he's busy.."

"Oh... I see"

She would sigh "but thank you"

"For what?"

"You agreed to take me here along with Thomas and Anna right? Thanks to you I had a lot of fun"

"Well, just like Anna said, we're friends..that's why"

"Oh? You really think of me as one?" She gave me a very cheeky smile

"Why not? We already teamed up in that dungeon, and I don't think you're  a bad person"

"It seems that you haven't heard of the rumors about me huh?"

"Rumors? All I heard about is how I have the strength of a minotaur thanks to you"

"Your welcome" she then laugh a bit

"So? What are this rumors?"

"Well, since I'm trying to support the prince in the background..I always turn down people when they ask me to have fun..so everyone in our class thinks I'm this snow queen..and it didn't help that my magic is ice"

"Well..I guess the nickname kinda fi- nevermind"

She would laugh again..I though she would be mad when I said that, but no..

"Why do you think it fits?"

"Well.. you know.." I look away...I can't just say what's in my mind, she has a fiance.. snow queens are terms use toward Individuals who acts coldly and cruel..but they are very beautiful.
I can't just say she's attractive.. but that's what I really think..if Anna, our protagonist has a Cute and warming aura..Cassandra is beautiful and has a cool feeling about her "...hmm.. you use ice powers and you will be our next queen"

She smiled at me and Snickers a bit "I guess your right, the nickname is quiet accurate in the future" seeing her smile like this.. I don't know how she's gonna turn out as that villainess in the story who tries to kill the protagonist for love.. love really is scary

It seems that the sun is setting, how long have we been in here... "Well, I think it's time for us to leave, we can't enter the school in a certain time because of curfew.."

"You're right"

I said my farewells to my family, hugging everyone..they even gave me sweets to share with the other two who left early, they even give Cassandra one..me..and Cassandra walk towards the wagons to geta ride back to the school..once we are back there, we just now to each other and went our separate ways

_________________

While all of that happens, thomas and Anna who went back first got back to their rooms to do the activity that their teacher gave them.. but Anna, unsure of the answers went to the school library to check if she's right..and there she meet a man with red hair and green eyes... And that man is... The prince in disguise...

TO BE CONTINUED