ch 28. plans

"oh, welcome back you two" Thomas greeted us when we came back to the cabin..

"Your not even gonna ask why we disappear?" I ask, Cassandra just sighed and went to her and Anna's room

"Well, the employees said to not worry about it ya know" walking up to me and putting his arm on my shoulder "spirits..yada yada yada, being playful but making sure the visitors are safe yada yada yada and about love"

Hearing the word made me react a bit "what do you mean?.. about love"

"Come on, I didn't know you like Cassandra"

"I-.. did Anna told you about what she thinks?"

"What she thinks??? Dude your so obvious right now, also.. " he then smirks "the employees said that the spirits tend to make two people get lost and most of the time they ended up becoming a couple"

I don't want to hear any of this right so I just karate chop his head "that's some load of crap..."

Then..we leave and our short trip ended
.
.
.
.

When we went back to the academy..it's been decided that we should start preparing for the Annual Goddess festival

Professor magnolia seems be to excited about the upcoming festivities.

The academy will be open in public for 3 days, every class is required to do something to make the academy enjoyable for the visitors..set up shops, attractions and many more

There's also going to be various tournaments that anyone can join..

Professor magnolia then spoke out "so! If any of you have ideas, don't be scared to speak up okay? I want to make sure that what we will do something unique..I heard that Class A will be dishing out multiple projects..but I want our class to focus on only one okay?"

The whole class starts discussing what to do..a play, a some sort circus..but Cassandra stands up

"I have an idea"

Everyone looked at her and listens

"Go on miss Cassandra, please share your idea"

"What if, we make a restaurant cafe? Where we will dress up in costumes?"

The idea seems to hit off...wait..a restaurant?

"And I'm sure Desmond can be our head chef"

Goddammit I knew this is coming!

"Wait..why me?" I asked..even tho it's quiet obvious even for me

"Come on~ everyone knows that your family owns a famous restaurant..and to have you know that everyone hear knows that you cook"

Everyone starts to stare, waiting.. no, those stares clearly means to just accept the proposition

I looked at Cassandra, she had such a mischievous smile on her face..Thomas is just trying not to laugh..while Anna is with the crowd who wants me to give in

"Fine..I'll do it"

And that's how my plans for the festival was foiled by the villainess...

Cassandra was elected to be the manager and me as the head chef..we still have a lot of days to prepare but Cassandra already had plans and wanted to talk to me about it..she also wanted input on what I can cook that I think other people can also cook easily.. so she went to my dorm room ... Yeah....

.
.
.

"Sorry if my room is messy" I said as we enter.. the study table has a lot of paper and books scattered on it, my bed in unkept

"How could you even find your things in this table?"

"In my defense, even if it's messy..I know exactly where I put my stuff"

"Just sit there at the moment, I'll make us snacks and drink"

When I went to the kitchen, I just..breath deeply..f*ck..why am I alone with her again..Thomas and Anna suddenly have things to do? That never happen before..I swear if the two of them is conspiring against me because of me liking ca- ahhh! Don't even think about it Desmond! Just calm yourself down!.. it's just a school project thing.. nothing else..

After calming down a bit I start to make the snacks..and when I returned, everything was cleaned..the table and the bed

"Sorry if I clean it, fret not. I make sure to organize your stuff in a way that you'll see it easily if you find it"

"T-thanks.." she didn't really have to..

Then we start our plans for this restaurant cafe thing, we just first make a easy to do menu of drinks and food...

Seeing her talk about this is just.. I don't know, relaxing I guess? She made sure that the positions that we are getting will be appropriate for our skills, there's even shifts for everyone so people can still enjoy the festivities while working in this resto

She's so thoughtful.. I really can't believe that she's the villainess of this story..

"Desmond!"

"Y-yeah?"

"Are you alright?"

"Yes, why?"

"Nothing, you seems to be deep in thought..anyways, as I was saying..what is this..hamburger?"

"Oh.. that's a type of sandwich that I think off" not really, I just remember it from my original world "I'm sure people would like it"

"Hmm, maybe we should do a test run of this..hamburger, maybe let me taste first?"

"I'll prepare one for tomorrow"

"Alright..well I guess that's all about it, I'm happy that everyone put their trust in me to this" she smiles

"Well, you've already establish yourself as a good leader"

"Really?"

"Pshh! You think I'm lying?"

"No, it's not that..it's just hard to believe"

"It's not that hard, you have a lot of charisma..you can talk with authority but stay in a friendly demeanor, and you are good with planning..and not only that, you care for your subordinates"

"You..you know a lot of things about me when it comes to this huh?" She smiled

"O-of course, we're friends" I then drink my tea

"Friends..speaking of friends, would you like to spend time with me in the second day of the festival"

That almost made me spit my drink "hmm?"

"You don't wanna?"

"No! It's fine, but what about Anna and Tom?"

"Well, the 3 of us can explore the third day..haha"

"Alright, we can go"

"Thanks, alright! "She the suddenly stands up "I'll be going now, better get back to my room before curfew.. thanks for having me here Desmond" she smiled before leaving

"Take care...." When the door close I just stared at it for a moment.. "Is it...a date?"

TO BE CONTINUED