nineteen

Festival week (DAY 2)

Trigger warning: HOMOPHOBIA, VIOLENCE
(read at your own risk)

SUNOO'S POV

I started munching on my mint choco peppero stick as I watch the soccer practice commence. Jake hyungs' team won yesterday that means that they are still playing for the next game on Thursday and I bet this is the only place I can take a breathe.

Jungwon has been really busy with the whole student council thing and our dance practice was still on hold because Yeonjun hyung is also playing for the basketball team this afternoon. Sighing, I remembered what Wonyoung and I talked about yesterday.

*flashback*

"Then give him to me. I can make him happy...what do you say?"

"I can't believe you're saying that"

"W-What?"

"Sunghoon hyung is not someone who you could own, as his friend, you're ticking me off and I won't give him to you...he never belonged to me in the first place"

*end of flashback*

I said what I said and if there was one thing I knew, I never liked people like her.

"Sunghoon-shi! I'm hungry are you guys hungry too?" I rolled my eyes heavenwards before leaning on my seat when I heard Wonyoungs' voice through the speakers, doing her job as an mc.

I didn't expect her to be like that. I thought she was nice.

"Ahh! That's right Won, I'm starving. Okay! I hereby announce that all activities shall be resumed after lunch. Eat well everyone and see you this afternoon"

Sunghoon concluded through the crowd, earning a loud cheer from everybody as they start heading out of the place.

I wish I could mute people.

——

JUNGWON'S POV

"Hey" I flinched on my spot when I heard a deep baritone voice radiating through my ears, followed with an arm, clawing my waist.

"Hyung" I greeted happily before turning around and hugging him back. Luckily, I was alone here in the student council office, sorting flyers for a small booth.

"I haven't seen you all day" he said in between our embrace so I smiled.

I love it when Jay hyung is like this... As much as I'd want to tell the world about us, I couldn't.

Jay hyung may seem confident and overbearing most of the time but he's also someone who cares a lot about what other people say about him. He tries to hide it but none of his facade works against me.

"We should head to lunch soon hyung—"

"Five more minutes hmm?" He softly whispered while tightening his hug around me.

"Did you hear what Jake and Sunoo hyung talked about last time?" I asked but he remained silent before deciding to respond.

"Yeah... I guess Sunoo didn't want to risk it, everything could change in just a snap"

"My cousin... He's been through a lot. But pushing away Sunghoon hyung isn't the answer to that, don't you think so hyung?" I uttered before going back to my work while Jay hyung calmly leaned on the shelf in front of me.

"I don't know...fear is a destruction itself—let's not talk about them shall we?" He smiled to which I returned as well.

He's avoiding it again.