Chapter 9: He isn't so bad.

School is almost here, so you know what that means. MORE CHAPTERS SOONERR!! (because I get bored during classes so I write more, but it's summer so I have to go places. T0T)

"Connor, I don't think this is safe." Conan whispered. Right now, they were both hiding behind the garbage cans that were in the alleyway. Trying to keep quiet, conan wanted to interface instead, but connor immediately said no. 

Connor would reveal too much, even if they didn't touch hands, it was risky either way. 

"We'll catch them. Just wait." Connor said, still not listening to conan after his first 36 attempts at saying how dangerous this was. 

Connor is all up for danger, even if it risks him dying in the process, he still wanted to prove that he was useful, he had no one to prove though. 

Conan was here, that's it. 

"I don't trust you. Do you even think they'll be here?" 

Conan raised his eyebrow at connor as he asked that, connor just huffed and slowly turned to him. 

"Will you hush and try to trust me?" Connor asked, growing frustrated.

Conan came to the realization that connor would not back down from his own idea, so he decided, they'll give it a shot. 

There was a crashing sound heard infront of them, so it made their heads whip around to look ahead. There was an android that had tripped over more garbage cans, and that was strange, androids weren't built to make mistakes, not even trip.

"That's suspicious. I can't see it's face to scan... We should get closer." Connor whisper to conan, keeping his eye on the android.

The android wasn't moving, which made it even more weird.

Connor was about to stand up before conan grabbed his shoulder. "I think we should just wait for something else to happen, this is highly unsafe, and my idea is bet-"

"Better yeah yeah, no. We are going to get closer, this could be the deviant! Well... murderer." Connor looked at conan desperately, trying to get this case over with. Conan hated how cute he looked making this pleading face, but he gave in. 

Standing up with him and holding his lips tightly together. Connor almost smiled at that, but kept a straight face. Standing up as well.

"Thank you." 

Connor and Conan then started to walk away from the garbage cans they were hiding behind, walking towards the android that laid still. Face full of garbage bags and half strange garbage liquid. 

Connor leaned down to the android's level and tried to lift it. By it's hair. He had no remorse for murderers. 

"Connor! This android was shot! He isn't the murderer!" Conan yelled before he was pulling connor away from the body quickly, then conan held connor close to his body and started backing away slowly. Connor struggled for a minute before trying to ask what was going to happen.

"Don't. That android was shot and is rigged to explode." Conan whispered in his ear, conan made connor crouch down back in the alleyway.

Connor turned towards conan to question the shit out of him, but conan was faster.

"My scanners are quicker, sorry, but I've scanned the body and he has a gunshot wound and the actual murderer planted a small chip in him, he'll explode soon. I can't let you die." Conan explained in one breath, connor wasn't feeling well. 

Connor was going to degrade himself, he was so slow and conan was quicker, but he had to save that poor android that he assumed was the murderer. 

"Well why did you save me?! We need to save him!" Connor was pulled back down before he even got up.

"No, connor. You are my priority, and that android is already dead. I'm not going to risk you dying." Conan gave him a glare to stay down and connor sighed and nodded, staring at the android that was still laying there.

Conan nodded and let connor go, as soon as connor was unhanded, he ran towards the android, conan failed to grab his hand.

***

"You get on my nerves."

"Shut up." Connor replied coldly. Crossing his arms frustratedly. That made conan smirk widely.

"Please tell me, how did you get wet?" Conan raised an eyebrow at connor and glanced at him. Connor huffed and rolled his eyes. 

"Shut. Up."

"I told you not to, but you don't listen to me. So, who's fault is it?" Conan asked. He felt like being in the cocky mood today, and connor's pouting made it feel way better. 

"Go back to being quiet, I like you better when you don't speak." Connor whispered but knew what he said and he meant it. Sort of.

"So you do like me?" Conan said happily. Perking up instantly.

"Fight me."

"No thank you."

The rest of the car ride was kind of silent, connor turned to radio up on blast but then he heard conan vibrate a little, which means he got a call. Conan answered it and immediately went from happy to sour quickly. 

Once conan said 'hello' to whoever it was, connor got a little sad. He wanted to be the one conan talks to, but no, he was now on the phone with someone else. Hopefully it would go quickly.

Connor heard someone grumble from conan's head. It was on speaker of course, but barely audible.

"Sorry detective, I am not the right line for you to order food off of. I think you should actually order food from a food place, or cook what you have at home. I will be home soon." Conan answered after a few moments of silence. 

Detective? Gavin... Oh.

He was talking to gavin reed. Of course.

Connor giggled and conan turned towards him when he did. Conan smiled and softly groaned when he heard gavin yell at him again. 

"Tell Gavin I said hi." Connor asked with a genuine smile. It surprised conan but he nodded.

"Fine. Also, Connor says Hello."

The words were heard perfectly this time. 

Hey, dipshit. Now hurry, I feel like Italian food tonight.

Connor looked shocked and huffed.

"That wasn't nice!"

Then conan chuckled again, seeing connor like that was adorable. And then he heard gavin groan at that, for some reason, this felt right, just seeing conan chuckle or laugh at what he did was... nice.

No, not nice, but amazing. It gave him a feeling he didn't feel like saying. So he didn't say anything else after that. 

Conan hung up after a few more moments and then he seemed to remember something, something very important. After the drive was finished, conan had the urge to do something.

So, before any one of them got out the car, to drop connor off at hank's, conan stared right at him and leaned in closer.

Connor flinched away, thinking conan wanted to kiss him, but all conan did was fix connor's tie. Leaving connor blue in the face and actually hoping conan wanted to kiss him.

"Goodbye, connor. Hopefully I'll see you later?" Conan asked, tilting his head to the side in question, although connor didn't want to seem uninterested or anything, but he didn't speak. He nodded his head and got out of the car quickly. 

Connor waved goodbye without another word, conan saw how he forced the door open and slammed it close afterwards. Now connor was gone, and conan didn't know what else happened, or why he was so mad all of the sudden. 

"Did I do something?" Conan asked himself, although there was no one to ask, because no one else was there.

He was alone.

And he probably would be alone forever.