𝟬𝟬𝟰 your lips, my lips

EXILE,
four

ETHAN FELT LIKE a silly teenage girl when Eden's fingers finally intertwined with his. He almost grinned when her fingers finally brushed over his. Her cold fingers were relieving all of his stress as the two trailed after Sam and Tara.

Maybe he liked Eden a little bit.

"Uh, you're holding my hand." Ethan whispered, earning a blank stare from Eden.

"Yeah, I noticed." She remarked, fighting the urge to roll her eyes. "It wasn't an accident."

Ethan let out a shaky, "Oh?" Then, he looked back at Eden. "Like my hat?"

Eden blinked at him. "Yeah, but I think Anika pulls the look off more."

The Landry boy's jaw dropped. "But it fits my head perfectly—"

"Ethan," Eden said, shutting the boy up immediately.

Maybe Ethan Landry was a fool around Eden Miller. Both of their friends would endlessly tease them if they found out that Eden had actually held Ethan's hand. It wasn't just an accident. Eden Miller had finally held Ethan's hand.

How could Eden be so addicting? She was dangerous. Eden Miller was a danger to Ethan. If she knew who he really was, she'd kill him. She'd despise him. Within seconds, Eden would learn that it's possible to hate Ethan Landry. She would learn that he wasn't the harmless dork who has an odd sense of humor.

They're both bad people.

"Watch, Tara's going to freak out." Eden joked, crossing her arms over her chest.

Sam was the first to break the rising tension between the two sisters. "Tara, will you stop?" Sam spoke, trying to grasp Tara's attention.

"I cannot believe you did that! You embarrassed me." Tara replied, sharply turning around to face her sister. Tara looked at Sam, anger burning in her eyes.

"That guy was a dick! He was gonna take advantage of you." Sam shouted, waving her arms around as if she was trying to prove a point.

"So?" Tara quipped.

"So?"

"If I want to hook up with an asshole, that's my decision! It's my decision." Tara explained, pointing at herself to indicate that she was talking about herself.

Clearly, Sam thought she was being unreasonable. "Okay." The older sister drawled, rolling her eyes slightly.

"It's not about you! I mean, you're out of my life for five years, and then you can't leave me alone for five minutes."

"Because you're not dealing with what happened to us." Sam replied, lowering her voice slightly. "Have you even gone to see the counselor once?" The older sibling asked Tara, placing her hands on her hips.

On cue, Eden immediately let go of Ethan's hand. His hands no longer felt frigid due to Eden finally retrieving her hand from his grasp. Eden's hands were behind her back while Ethan's were stuffed into his pockets, trying to find warmth.