𝟬𝟬𝟲 why am i like this?

EXILE,
six

SLEEPLESS. A sleepless college student. The time marked around four in the morning, the sun slowly rising. Everything was bothering her. The door shutting, the ringing in her ears, the way her bedsheets stuck to her body. Or maybe the fact that Ghostface could be back.

She's sitting up in bed, letting out shaky breaths as she struggles to maintain her stress. All Eden is doing is shaking. Like an idiot. She just wants to cry. Cry for hours while her tears soak through her hard pillow.

Whenever Eden closes her eyes, she can feels the eyes on her. Like they're watching her every move. When she closes her eyes, she's standing over her, a smug grin across her lips. Black hair falling freely. Lifeless eyes staring at Eden while she tries to fall asleep. Even though Eden's eyes are closed, she still sees her. Sees her with the gun in her hand. The gun that shot Liv McKenzie in the head. The mask that she takes off, a smirk beneath it. The oversized black cloak. The blade that's held tightly in her hand.

But Amber's dead.

"I hate you, but I miss you." Eden spoke up, scrolling through her camera roll. Pictures of Amber still stored in her phone. "So much." Eden quietly said. "What did he have? Why him?"

Why did Amber choose Richie? This thought was engraved in Eden's mind. What did Richie have? He was a grown man. Amber was seventeen. Also, Amber was in a happy and healthy relationship with a girl she had liked since freshman year of high school. A girl her own age. Somebody who wasn't afraid to be with her.

Then, Eden looked at the last picture. Wes Hicks and Eden, both of them grinning. Wes' two fingers were behind Eden's head, a recreation of bunny ears. Eden was laughing when the photo was taken, smile lighting up the picture that Cale had taken.

"I'm sorry, Wes." Eden whispered, lips curling downwards. "I— I just can't believe it. You never did anything to her. Now, you're dead." Eden quietly mumbled, holding back a sob.

Eden missed him, too much. So much.

Finally, Eden shattered. Again. She broke down into tears, voice trembling as she sobbed into her hands. Her face lost all of it's color, the girl as white as a ghost. Her sobs grew louder, echoing throughout her bedroom. She couldn't control herself. One moment, she was fine, then she was struggling to breathe next. "Why, why, why?" Eden sobbed.

"I was just healing." She wailed, voice shaking. "I was happy."

"Eden?" A voice spoke up. "Hey, Eden."

Eden brought her knees to her chest, crying like a baby once she looked up at her brother. Cale was standing in the doorway, a long frown along his lips when he met Eden's gaze. "Cale." Eden shakily spoke.

"Hey, hey, hey." Cale rushed to Eden, enveloping her into a tight hug, cradling her head. "It's okay. You're safe." Cale muttered into Eden's hair, gently rubbing circles along her back. "We'll be okay."

"No, no, no." Eden shook her head. "I can't let you get hurt again, Cale. You— You lost Wes. We both lost him." Eden sobbed into her brother's chest, wrapping her arms tightly around him. "It's all Amber's fault. Why did I trust her? I should've known!" Eden shouted, teeth gritting.

"She's dead, Eden. Buried."

"No, no, no!" Eden spat. "She's haunting me! Don't you get it? It's never going to end!" Eden growled. "Sam and Tara were almost killed! He had a fucking gun!" Eden argued, pulling away from Cale.