𝟬𝟬𝟵 mess it up

EXILE,
nine

THE SOFT LAUGHTER had relaxed her, almost immediately. It almost felt perfect once she entered the apartment, a blanket and a small pillow in her arms. The smile on her face was hard to ignore. So bright that it was illuminating the dimly lit apartment living room. She didn't know why she was so happy, but it felt nice. Nice knowing that she was with the rest of the friend group.

Well, besides Ethan Landry.

Eden Miller didn't know why Ethan wasn't at the apartment, but for some reason, she felt relieved. Maybe because she didn't want to see his face after what he had said about both Cale and her, or because she missed him too much.

So it was safe to say that Eden felt nothing but relief.

Currently, the Miller girl sat on Tara Carpenter's bed, watching as her close friend fixed her hair. Tara looked at Eden through the mirror, raising her eyebrows at Eden.

"What?" Eden giggled, laying on her stomach, chin in her hands. "Seriously, what's wrong, Tara?" Eden asked.

Tara shook her head. "It's nothing." She laughed, tucking her loose strands of hair behind her ears. "Well, maybe I have a question." Tara admitted.

Eden raised her eyebrows. "Okay, tell me."

"I— I think I like Chad." Tara admitted, noticing how Eden immediately sat up with a sly grin.

"Tara, the whole group knows, besides you two." Eden laughed quietly, crossing her legs into a comfortable position. Then, she rocked back and fourth, a large smile on her face. "I think you two would look cute together." Eden stated, watching as Tara's cheeks flushed a bright shade of pink.

The Carpenter girl softly smiled. "Thanks, Eden."

"Yeah, you lovesick idiot." Eden smirked.

Tara snatched a pillow from her bed, before aiming at Eden's head. The Miller girl fell on her back, giggling once she got back up. "Game on, Carpenter. Game on."

"Yeah, bring it on, Miller." Tara smiled, throwing another pillow at Eden. "Stop!" She giggled once Eden chucked the pillow at her head.

Tara fell onto the bed, her head beside Eden's feet due to the girl laying the opposite way. Eden's brunette locks were tousled while Tara's raven colored hair was still in perfect waves, a barely noticeable braid along her head.

Eden adjusted her wool sweater, a classic shade of beige. "I missed this." Eden admitted, glancing at Tara. "I missed my best friend."

"Oh, Eden." Tara sat up, throwing her arms around Eden's body. "I'm so sorry. I should've been there for you after Woodsboro, but I just distanced myself. I— I'm so sorry." Tara muttered into Eden's shoulder.

Clearly, Tara was talking about how distant she had been from Eden after the Woodsboro massacres. Instead of being there for Eden, she had completely forgotten about the Miller girl. She barely spoke to Eden when the group hung out, would often tune out Eden's voice, and even ignored her.

They both didn't know why they had became so distant. Tara and Eden were always best friends in Woodsboro. Eden had visited Tara every hour while Tara was hospitalized. Eden had protected Tara from Amber. Eden had been Tara's best friend. Not Amber, not Chad, not Mindy. No, it was Eden.