𝟬𝟭𝟮 sweater weather

EXILE,
twelve

           SHE COULDN'T SLEEP. Whenever she would finally shut her eyes, the screams would wake her up. The images would cloud her vision. Dead, dead, dead. Anika, Quinn, Liv, Amber, Wes. And it hurt to think about it. All of them were dead.

It was safe to say that tonight was another sleepless night. Eden would probably lay on her back, looking up at her ceiling while she thought for hours. Eden liked to think. Her thinking would consist of her dreaming of an alternate world. A happy life. A life where Anika Kayoko was still alive. A life where Eden could trust Ethan Landry.

Currently, she's fiddling with the necklace locked around her neck. The cold material is slowly calming her nerves. Is she still nervous? Yes. Does she still want to cry for hours? Yes. But it's soothing. The freezing cold is soothing.

So when she stepped foot into her shower, she let out a soothing sigh. The freezing cold water ran down her body, water pellets ricocheting off of her body. Her hair is soaking wet, the water pressure cleaning out any blood. Her bloody clothes were discarded on the floor, still taunting Eden once she looked at them.

A raspy sob left her lips as she looked down at her body. Scars, insecurities, blood. Every little thing was setting Eden off. She couldn't look at herself anymore. She didn't want to look at herself anymore. Because whenever she looked at her figure in the mirror, she couldn't remember the old her. There's no innocence left.

Eden can't do it anymore.

CRYING doesn't work anymore

CRYING doesn't work anymore. She just sobs, no tears falling out of her eyes anymore. Soon she'll just give up. Eden will finally accept that nothing is going to get better. Nothing will ever go back to normal.

Eden doesn't want to try anymore. She just felt numb. Felt numb as she lay in bed, staring at her blank wall. Felt numb when she thought of Anika's dead body. She can't do it anymore. Can't pretend this will work out. Because it will never work out.

She just wanted to be happy.

Until she heard that sound. The sound of her cellphone ringing. The vibrations of the phone made Eden's jaw tick as she looked down at her phone.

Unknown.

Eden already knows. This is the same number. The same person who hasn't left her alone. The person who is taunting her. Mocking her. Possibly the same person who teased Anika on that ladder.

Even the thought made her blood boil. So, she answered the phone, placing the device between her ear and shoulder. And when she heard the voice, she couldn't breathe. Her eyes went cold, her heart pounded, and her throat closed up.