𝟬𝟭𝟰 all the things she said

EXILE,
fourteen

"SO WE'RE REALLY doing the phone tracing thing that never works in the movies?" Mindy sarcastically asked Kirby, a bitter smile along her lips. "It'll be all 'Keep him talking, Sam. Two more minutes, I've almost got him.' And then he hangs up just before we can get a lock." Mindy explained, ignoring how Cale stared at her, mouth slightly agape.

Both Eden and Cale shared a look, their jaws slack as they just glanced between both Kirby and Mindy. "Wow, okay." Cale whispered to Eden.

"I can trace a call in under 15 seconds." Kirby shot back at Mindy, sarcastically smiling at the college student.

Eden pinched the bridge of her nose, just before her head absentmindedly fell against Ethan's shoulder. The boy widened his eyes as he directed his attention towards Chad, mouthing for the Meeks-Martin boy to help him. But it felt right. Felt right knowing Eden was resting her head on his shoulder. Nobody else's. Just Ethan's.

So he wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her closer to his body. Then everything felt like it was perfect. Nothing else mattered in that moment. Only Eden and Ethan.

Well, and the killer that was on the loose.

Mindy smiled back at Kirby, trying not to lose the argument. "Well, you've got them out there as bait."

Both Chad and Ethan widened their eyes.

"Because the killer usually calls from somewhere nearby." Kirby shot back, masking her anger with her usual smirk.

Cale threw his head back, while raking his hands through his hair. "If they continue this, I might—"

He was cut off. "And you think they're safe because it's broad daylight in a public place?" Mindy interrogated, leaning forward as she spoke.

"Look, I'm here, okay? And so is Bailey." Kirby reminded Mindy.

"This is exactly how our Uncle Randy died. Broad daylight. Public place. Yanked into a van. Stab, stab, stab. No more Randy." Mindy taunted, raising her voice slightly.

An awkward laugh left Cale's lips as he looked at the others, blinking rapidly. "Oh?"

"Huh." Kirby hummed, lifting her head slightly.

Ethan took a chip from the Cheetos bag, just before he offered some to his best friend. Chad furrowed his eyebrows as he sent Ethan a disgusted look, almost as if he couldn't believe the boy's actions. But the boy simply shook his head, refusing to take Ethan's disgusting chips.

"Told you that nobody wants the original Cheetos." Eden teased, lips curling into a sly smirk. The girl looked down at the chips, just before she looked away. "You're disgusting." She joked, watching as Ethan stared at her with a look of shock.

Kirby looked back at her laptop. "Hey, Sam? Stay frosty out there, okay?" The agent spoke up, waiting for a response.

"We're good." Sam replied, looking at her surroundings. Both her and Tara were trying to identify any suspicious people. Whether it was people on their phones, or maybe even people who were causing both Sam and Tara to feel uncomfortable.