𝟬𝟭𝟳 i think i've seen this film before

EXILE,
seventeen

A familiar feeling of deja vu floods Eden's mind. Amber, Ethan. Ethan, Amber. Ghostface.

Ethan, the same one who told her she'd be there for her, was staring at her with a devilish smirk on his face. His eyes were a deep black, not a single look of betrayal lacing his features.

Then he laughed. A vibration echoed throughout the theater, flooding Eden's mind. A wicked and dry laugh.

A sob left Eden's lips as she continued to hold eye contact with Ethan.

He meant nothing that he had told her. Meant nothing that he had done. Everything was a lie. Those apologies were just another lie. Just another pawn in Ethan's game.

Eden blamed herself for believing him. Believing all those lies. She blamed herself for believing that innocent look on his face.

"Fuck, Eden. This is hilarious." Ethan's lips curled upwards into a sly smirk. "Oh, you're so fucking gullible."

Ethan was a murderer. Ethan murdered people. He enjoyed torturing people. Anika, Quinn, Chad.

Nothing was new. Nothing would change.

Eden would continue to live this life. She'd grow attached to somebody who she shouldn't love. Somebody who she wasn't supposed to be around.

And then she'd kill them.

"What the fuck," Cale whispered, blinking in Ethan's direction. He had a look on his face that showed the betrayal that he was feeling. Sure, it wasn't worse as Eden, but it still sent chills down his spine.

He had the audacity to trust Ethan with his little sister.

Eden's throat closed up as she maintained eye contact with Ethan. This was the same Ethan who she had kissed on New Year's. The same Ethan who she told all of her secrets. But it was also the same Ethan who killed her best friend.

Nothing would ever change that. No amount of apologies would fix them. They were born to end like this. Eden was born to be this way.

And she can't change that.

"Mindy was right. It was easy to juke the roommate lottery." Ethan's chuckle echoed throughout the entire room. Almost as if this was the funniest situation he'd ever been in. "All I had to do to meet you was room with the conceited, condescending alpha, literally named Chad!"

There's a pause before he said his next words. "Fuck, it felt good to kill him!"

Two best friends, one a murderer, the other the murdered. Funny how people can change so quickly.

"This was your grandmother's, Sam. Nancy Loomis?" Ethan pointed his knife at his mask. "Really runs in your fucking family, doesn't it?"

"Speaking of family, wait for it." Ethan smirked. "My name's not Ethan Landry! Is it, Dad?"

"Dad?" Tara mocked Ethan, voice shaking.

"Wait, if it's you two, then that just leaves—" Sam's voice shook as she looked at the shorter Ghostface. "Mindy?"

The third Ghostface tilted their head slightly before slowly discarding of their mask. Eden caught a glimpse of a wispy strand of copper hair.