𝟬𝟭𝟬 me and the devil

EXILE,
ten

CALE MILLER LOOKED completely empty as he looked into Eden's eyes. Eden felt as if she could hear Cale's heart break into a million pieces. With a long frown, Cale fell onto the couch.

Eden raised her eyebrows, looking down at her older brother. "Uh, Cale, what happened?" Eden asked, shifting uncomfortably.

Cale tilted his chin upwards. He was still laying on his back, so when he looked at Eden, she was practically upside down. Cale just wanted to cry in his sister's arms. For hours. Maybe longer.

"She doesn't want to be with me," Cale informed Eden, sniffling quietly. "Quinn doesn't want to be with me." Cale admitted, letting out a choked out cry.

Eden frowned. "Why, Cale?"

"I told her I wanted to be serious. S—She told me that she couldn't do that with me." Cale stammered. "I don't know why. I don't even know what I did. I— I mean, I brought her flowers, her favorite candy, and old comedy movies." Cale whispered. "I did everything, Eden." He whispered. "Absolutely everything."

"Did she tell you why she doesn't want to be with you?" Eden asked her older brother, sincerely looking at him. "There has to be a reason."

Cale paused. "Well, I don't know. She was practically begging for me to get out of her room." Cale explained. "Then, I heard the shower turn on." The boy shook his head.

"Oh, Cale." Eden frowned, watching as Cale sat up. He shifted uncomfortably for a few seconds, before Eden threw her arms around Cale. "I'm so sorry." Eden whispered.

"It's fine, I don't really care."

"Mhm." Eden spoke. She knew that Cale was hurting. She knew that Cale really liked Quinn. Of course Cale was going to be heartbroken when Quinn kicked him out of her room due to another guy showering in her bathroom. "Still, I'm so sorry, Cale."

"It's fine, Eden. I'll get over it."

The trio's attention was directed towards Mindy. "Will you two just make out already?" Mindy teased, forming a gagging sound from the back of her throat.

"Mindy, that is so inappropriate, dude." Chad argued with his twin, resulting in both Eden and Cale letting out a laugh. "Eden, Cale, get over here!"

"Get it over with!"

Eden sent Anika a look, asking if it was okay to go towards Chad. Well, she told Anika with her facial expression.

"I'm okay, go ahead." Anika smiled, going back to her book. "Seriously, Edie."

Reluctantly, both Cale and Eden wandered towards where the other Woodsboro survivors were, besides Sam. "Now it's a party!" Chad smirked, patting Cale's back.

"Here you go." Sam softly spoke to Anika, setting pillows and blankets in front of the Kayoko girl. She softly smiled at Sam.

"Sam?" Mindy called out from the kitchen.

"Yep?" Sam asked, wandering into the kitchen.

Mindy sighed. "We do not have to stay here." She told Sam, watching as the Carpenter girl grabbed a beer from the fridge.