zero ⁂ magic

thank you for clicking on this story and giving it a chance. I promise to try to not let you down! by the way, she isn't going to be eleven for the whole story, just the first few chapters and maybe a few flashbacks later in the story.

*if you see any information incorrect, please let me know!!! (lots of harry potter wiki has been used)

August 31, 2017

The sun emerged over the hills as Scarlett rested her head on the plane window's cool glass. She glanced to her left, where a stranger sat, fast asleep on the smooth ride. Scarlett wished her mother and father could be sitting with her, but she knew a trip from America to the U.K. for the 3 of them wasn't in their bank account. There was only enough to spare to send her to and from school (and she couldn't come home for Christmas, to Scarlett's sadness). But she was okay with it, because Scarlett was still astonished this was happening to her. She was a witch, going to the famous wizarding school, Hogwarts. And she was only eleven!

She felt the smooth paper of her 'first year' shopping list. The man who came to her house a few months ago to tell her and her family of her powers, also explained how when she arrived in London, a kind wizarding family would accompany her to buy all of her needed items for classes and home her for a night (the day before students got onto to Hogwarts Express), as it was now a new requirement. The family would also have her money that the school gives students with parents who are not wizards.

When the plane landed, Scarlett was accompanied by a flight attendant to a taxi, where she was taken to Charing Cross Road, where she would meet the family that would take her to buy a cauldron, books, robes, and what Scarlett was most excited to buy: a wand. Especially after the man showing her family a 'levitation spell' at her house, she wanted to learn all of them.

All of the traveling was nerve racking to Scarlett, as she was young, surrounded by strangers, and has never been without her parents, except for public school. But she told herself it would all be worth it, right?

When the taxi arrived at its destination, a busy street lined with plenty of shops and restaurants welcomed Scarlett; but what caught her eye was a creepy old, broken down shop, that looked quite odd between all the lively and colorful stores around it. Scarlett climbed out of the taxi, and her nerves kicked in right when the driver gave her her suitcase and sped away. She glanced around frantically, looking around for the familiar faces of the family on the picture in her pocket. Suddenly she saw them, a boy her age and a girl slightly older standing next to a tall blonde man and short brunette woman, their parents. The Millers, the family accompanying her. They wore robes, quite unusual compared to the other residents of London- and the rest of the world.

Scarlett looked down to the picture, just making sure it was them. With the reassurance, she rolled her suitcase up to the family.

"Hello, Mr and Mrs Miller?" She blurted, louder than she expected.

"Are you Scarlett Crane?" Mrs. Miller spoke softly, her accent popping.

Scarlett nodded. "Thats me."

"Nice to meet you Scarlett." Mr. Miller said, shaking hands with Scarlett. He looked down to his son and daughter. "This is Augustus and Alicia."

"Gus." The younger boy corrects, and Scarlett waves to him and his older sister as they both do the same back.

"Well, now that we know each other, lets get going!" Mrs. Miller smiled, as the family and Scarlett followed her into to the old shop, the Leaky Cauldron, much to Scarlett's hidden dismay.

Scarlett realized after walking through the abandoned shop, that was actually a wizard restaurant and was quite busy and packed with wizards, only a few unaware muggles dining inside. She followed Mrs. Miller to a door in the back of the diner, where a brick wall stood.