six ⁂ the fight

September 10, 2021

Scarlett walked to potions without her best friends at her side. Everything had gone wrong since the Gryffindor quidditch tryouts. Scarlett passed the roster for the team, only reminding her one one of the two reasons of why her two best friends were fighting. Clary had gotten on the quidditch team, but Olivia had not. Apparently, since Clary caught every single one of Olivia's shots, Olivia was cut. Olivia only could try out for chaser because apparently Albus' little sister was an outstanding seeker. Also, Olivia told Clary about Albus liking her, and how she liked him back, which made Clary furious.

Scarlett sat in the middle of the potions table instead of on the right of Olivia. She separated the two so they wouldn't fight. On her way to the table that she dreaded to sit with, she bumped into someone.

When she realized who it was, her face immediately became red. "Oh, sorry."

Scarlett looked up at Lucas, who just smiled. "Its okay."

She began to rush away when he tapped her shoulder. "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out in the common room tonight."

Scarlett had not expected that. She couldn't believe this was happening. Scarlett's face turned a bright pink as she opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out.

"I'm guessing thats a yes?" Lucas chuckled. Scarlett nodded as he smirked and moved back to his seat.

Scarlett moved through the tables speechless as she took her seat between Olivia and Clary. The silence between them was heartbreaking, but probably not as much as them fighting, not that Scarlett has ever been there to see it.

"Guys." She breathed, breaking the tension. "You wouldn't believe what just happened to me.. Lucas-"

"You know what happened to me? My best friend is mad at me for being better than her at something!" Clary said between gritted teeth.

"You know what Clary?" Olivia forcefully placed down her quill and stared Clary straight in the eyes. Scarlett backed up, too stunned to notice they had cut her off. "Albus asked me out on a date. I told him I'd think about it to see if it was okay with you! But I guess I'll just say yes!"

Clary scoffed, and turned back to face the board.

"Lucas asked me out." Scarlett mumbled under her breath.

⁂ ⁂ ⁂

September 10, 2021 -
later that night

Scarlett didn't know if she should dress nicely for this or not, so she just took of her robes and had her normal school uniform  on. Butterflies flew softly in her stomach, but enough to make her extra nervous. She couldn't believe this was happening. It was so sudden. Had Scorpius told Lucas? Even though he probably liked her back, Scorpius did tell him despite her asking him not too.

She shook Scorpius out of her head. He was everywhere. Scarlett flattened out her skirt and walked down the stairs of the girl's dormitories into the common room. She glanced around the large almost empty room in a search of the perfect blonde boy.

Her eyes trailed to the fireplace, where a perfect red rose laid on the coffee table along with a bowl and some books. Scarlett wondered why there was only one bowl, but she couldn't wait to find out why.

She squealed in mind and walked quickly to the couches. Scarlett picked up the rose, taking in the scents and sights of the moment until an unpleasing stench hit her nose.

Scarlett looked down at the bowl, which was filled with other a murky brown color. As she stared at it longer, she realized something. It was mud.

A note was placed under the rose.

Enjoy your soup, mudblood.

Tears threatened Scarlett's eyes, and no matter how much she forced them away, they over powered. Scarlett hadn't cried in years. There was no reason to. She ripped the small piece of parchment into pieces and ran out of the common room.

Wiping the tears that wouldn't stop, she headed up to the Gryffindor common room.

"Tiger paw." She cried to the fat lady, who swung open with a concerned face.

Scarlett hid her face from all the staring Gryffindors as she ran up the girl's dormitories staircase. She barged into Clary and Olivia's room with a waterfall coming from her eyes to see the two fighting again.

"Guys..." Scarlett cried, but stopped to listen to their argument as she wiped the tears away.

"I cant believe you said yes!" Clary put her hands on her head in frustration.

"You never told me I couldn't!" Olivia defended, putting her hands on her hips. She glanced to the wide open door and Scarlett in the doorway. "Hey Scarlett! I had every right to say yes to Albus, right?"

"Uh," Scarlett breathed, only to be cut off by Clary.

"Scarlett, you've got to see both sides of the story! Olivia's just doing this to get back at me for getting on the quidditch team!" Clary huffed.

"I don't need to be on the stupid quidditch team! I'm a prefect!"

"Guys, I can't right now. Lucas-" Scarlett started, and Olivia took her turn of cutting her off.

"Scarlett, you have to! Who's right? Me or Clary?"

"I'm not picking sides-"

Clary butted in. "You have to. Please side with me on this! You know I'm right!"

"Don't put me in this position! I'm not picking either of you!" Scarlett raised her voice. "I just wanted some comfort by you two! It's not fair that you're dragging me into this!"

"I just want a friend by my side." Olivia crossed her arms and Clary did the same as she nodded in agreement.

"Well you'd probably have me as a friend if you two weren't acting so snobby and selfish and just listen to me instead of fighting over your stupid problems!"

"Well, I guess we aren't friends." Clary spat. The stress then went to Scarlett's head and tears gushed out of her eyes and she ran crying from the Gryffindor tower and into a vacant corridor near the Slytherin common room.