eleven ⁂ every flavour

December 25, 2021 -
a lot later than 7 am

That night, Scarlett had the luxury of turning her alarm off, too bad thats what made her miss breakfast. She laid awake despite all her yawning. The clock ran as she analyzed what Scorpius said before she left the common room.

"They're missing out." The words played over and over in her head all night, before her restless body passed out.

She woke up in the morning, sprinting to put her robes on when she saw what time it was. There was only 10 minutes of breakfast left. She sprinted out of the common room, almost missing the note taped on the back of the girl's dormitories door.

Grab your food and meet me in the bathroom with your bathing suit and school books.

- S.M.

Scarlett grabbed the note and frantically ran upstairs, put on her bathing suit under her clothes, grabbing everything she could, and heading down to the Great Hall. She grabbed a bowl of cereal and some toast, shrinking them with her wand and hurried up to the prefect bathroom.

She opened the door to see a shirtless Scorpius, trying the summoning spell on his ring. It flung toward him immediately, for he had done his spell without flaws.

His head immediately turned to the door, where Scarlett was standing, her hair unbrushed and breathing heavy.

"Where have you been? I put the note up at 7 am!" Scorpius scoffed.

Scarlett sighed, setting down all of her stuff and taking off her robe, leaving her in a white shirt and jean shorts. "I'm sorry. I slept in, but I see you got the spell on your own. That's good."

"Yeah." Scorpius huffed, putting away his wand and taking a bite of his pancakes.

Scarlett used her wand to return her breakfast to it's normal size. The silence between her and Scorpius was unnerving, but Scarlett told herself she shouldn't expect anything more. She opened a new book she got from the common room, The Iron Trial, because she had no idea what she had done with the last one.

"Merry Christmas, by the way." Scorpius mumbled under his breath. Scarlett looked up to see Scorpius holding the book she had dropped at the bottom of the bath, but it was perfectly dry and new looking.

Even though Scarlett had a mouthful of cereal, she smiled and took it from his hands.

"Thank you so much, I actually quite enjoyed this book." Scarlett fought the urge to hug him.

"Yeah, don't mention it. I barley did anything. You fished it out." Scarlett let out a light laugh at his remark. "Oh and I brought Every Flavoured Beans if you want to play a game I made up with them."

"Hm.. the last time I tried it I got a rotten egg one! It was disgusting." Scarlett made a gesture of throwing up, but Scorpius took out the package of beans anyway.

He opened the package and explained the rules. "We pick a bean randomly from the package then eat it. If you get a good bean, you receive two points. If you eat a bad one but still swallow it, you receive one point. If you spit it out, you get nothing."

"Sounds fair." Scarlett closed her eyes and picked the bean, not looking at the color. She assumed Scorpius had done the same for he had started counting. At one, Scarlett popped the bean into her mouth a bit into it as it releasing a pleasing flavor. She opened her eyes to see Scorpius with furrowed eyebrows and a squished nose.

"I got green apple. What about you, Scorpius?" Scarlett laughed.

He scowled, swallowing the bean and taking a gulp of water from his glass. He swished it around his mouth before swallowing to answer. "Black pepper. Bloody disgusting!"

"Two to one; me! I like this game." Scarlett fell on her back in hysterics.

"Haha. Very funny. Round two." Scorpius held back a smile while he shook his head.

Scarlett took her bean and waited for Scorpius to count down before she placed it in her mouth. Scorpius sniggered, and when Scarlett took a bite she realized why. A nauseating flavor spread around her taste buds like a disease. Scarlett's eyes shot open to a laughing Scorpius. She immediately spit out the bean, and grabbed his glass of water, running to the sink to flush her mouth of any remaining taste.

"I had banana. Two to three; me!" Scorpius mocked Scarlett, and when the taste was gone she couldn't help laughing herself, and his laughter was released. For the 5 years Scarlett had known him, he had not laughed this way before, not even when tormenting the younger students. "That was my water by the way."

"That was worse than rotten egg! I needed it!" Scarlett exclaimed. "Okay, one more round."

"Alright." Scorpius agreed. They both ate their beans, and by the facial expressions, Scorpius swallowed and cursed to himself.

"I had sausage. You?"

"Soap. We're tied!" Scarlett smiled.

"What? No! Soap is considered bad. I win!" He corrected.

"It tasted fine! Good, actually! Its a good bean! I get two points." Scarlett argued.

"You wouldn't normally eat soap! So its bad!"

"Sausage is considered bad and we are supposed to eat it. Be fair." Scarlett pouted, crossing her arms.

"Fine. We tied. But I'm the one being fair because I'm not the one making up rules." Scorpius pouted right back, and Scarlett just smiled innocently.

An awkward silence was shared between them, until Scarlett decided to make conversation. "So, what kind of music do you listen to?"

"Oh, I don't listen to much music. Wizard music isn't my style."

"Oh. okay." Scarlett shivered.

"Are you cold?" Scorpius asked and she nodded.

"To the common room?" Scarlett asked.

"Sure. It is quite chilly." He answered.