seven ⁂ privacy

September 11, 2021

Scorpius said goodbye to Lucas and walked back to the common room. He honestly didn't want to talk to Lucas anymore, he was being a prat. Even though Scorpius knew mudbloods where horrendous and calling them names was okay (it wasn't that hurtful), but he thought the trick Lucas played on Scarlett was a little bit overdone. No matter how much Scarlett irritated him, who would go to such lengths to do that? He thought he could do better without even trying.

    Before Scorpius could say "Flabbergasted worms", the common room password, he heard quiet sobs in the hallway to his right. It was where most Slytherin students when to snog, so Scorpius thought he could scoop up a girl who had been left by herself.

    But when he turned the corner, he knew he was too close to the girl to turn back. Even if it was Scarlett Crane. Her straight brown hair flowed down her back, and her heavy robes laid on the floor next to her, only leaving Scarlett in her white button up shirt, small gray skirt and high socks.

    Scarlett turned her head to see Scorpius, her expression hardening as she let out a sigh and wiped her tears quickly. "Go away."

    "I was actually coming here to comfort you." He smiled, but Scarlett saw right through him.

    "Funny. Now go away." She stood up, grabbing her robes, tears still streaming. Scorpius realized why she was crying. Lucas, of course.

    "I hope you didn't take Lucas' joke seriously." Scorpius chuckled.

    "Seriously? He knows I have a crush on him, thanks to you," Scarlett jabbed her finger into Scorpius' chest, who rolled his eyes and licked his lips.

    "I did you a favor. He asked you out."

    "No! He stood me up! He gave me a bowl of mud!" Scorpius didn't realize she didn't mention how she ran through the Gryffindor common room twice while bawling her eyes out.

    "It was a terrible prank, just get over it." Scorpius shook his head.

    Scarlett stomped out of the hallway, not bothering to move out of the way and slamming shoulders (more like shoulder and arm) with Scorpius.

⁂     ⁂    ⁂

September 21, 2021

    At least two weeks had gone by, and Scarlett felt lonely. She didn't talk to Olivia or Clary, unless it was to ask for one of the to pass an ingredient in potions. She ignored Scorpius during their prefect duties and everywhere she saw him (which was everywhere), staying on the opposite side of the hallway during patrol even though it was unnecessary. Even though she excelled in quidditch, she didn't yell for the ball as much. She tried her best to meet up and talk to Gus, but always felt awkward with other Ravenclaws, and it didn't help that they only had charms together, and he sat on the other side of the room.

    When Scarlett walked through the hallways, it seemed everyone was whispering about her. She kept her head held high, but she knew everyone thought it was hilarious a muggle born fancied and pureblood. In that week, Scarlett realized how fast her feelings had changed about Lucas. She thought he was perfect. He wasn't. She became aware of how little she actually knew about him, and not his looks. And before she knew it, Hogwarts was getting ready for Christmas. Icicles formed outside, while mistletoe and the giant christmas tree was getting hung up.

    No matter how beautiful it was, it only dejected Scarlett, reminding her of how she had to stay home for Christmas. She asked Gus who asked a bunch of his friends, and none of them were staying during the break. No one was. Like every year, Scarlett would be one of the 5-15 students who stayed in school during Christmas break.

    By the time Scarlett finished up her homework, her 4 loud roommates were fast asleep. This was when Scarlett was busy. Her and Scorpius' schedules where adjusted (the new prefect system) so they could get their desirable 9 hours of sleep. So she stayed up till 11 pm, patrolling the hallways then getting into the vacant, warm, and bubbly prefect bath until she became drowsy.

⁂    ⁂    ⁂

December 15, 2021

    "Scarlett? Did you hear that? I think someone is in the hallways." Scorpius pulled out his wand and yelled down the long hall to Scarlett, who was on the other side of the corridor.

    She turned around and shushed him. "Well if they were, they are defiantly not coming down this one because you're so loud!"

    Scorpius silently jogged down the hallway and put his wand in his back pocket. "This isn't working. We have to be closer, you know what James said." He voices sneered as he said James.

    "Fine." Scarlett huffed and checked her wristwatch. "Its eleven anyway, so our duty is over."

    Scorpius nodded as he headed down back to his room, while Scarlett grabbed her bag and headed up the stairs. He always noticed how she went the other way every single night. So in curiosity, he followed her.

⁂    ⁂    ⁂

    Scarlett loved being in the prefect bathroom at night. It was abandoned at night, since everyone was asleep, and the best part was she didn't have to wear a bathing suit while bathing. Scarlett learned this quickly after realizing she had to share the bathroom with boys. No matter how luxurious the bathroom was, it was so awkward. So at night, she could be free. Scarlett had tried every tap in the bath, and it seemed the orange was her favorite. It smelled like sweet oranges, and sorta tasted like them too (she accidentally swallowed some water when she went under).

    Scarlett said a quick hello to the stain glass mermaid and flipped the tap of the orange bubbles. She put a towel next to the edge of the giant tub and folded her robes neatly and far away from the water before dipping into the warm and foamy water. The bubbles covered the tub, not letting Scarlett see anything below the water, or herself. She turned off the tap and sat on the step of the bath, breathing in deeply.

    Her eyes drooped a bit, but shot open when the prefects door suddenly opened.

    "What the bloody hell are you—" Scorpius barged into the room, making Scarlett jumping and wrap her arms around herself. Scorpius' eyebrows raised as he exclaimed in realization. "Oh, ohhh."