three ⁂ the prefect

yayyyayy scarlett is in her fifth year wooo

September 1, 2021

It was finally Scarlett's fifth year- and she predicted it was going to be her favorite. A few weeks ago, she had received a letter from Headmaster McGonagall, saying she was going to be her Slytherin's fifth year prefect. She didn't know who was the boy prefect, but she knew James Potter was head boy. He was also the captain of the Quidditch team, where Scarlett was a permanent chaser on (unless she suddenly becomes the worst chaser ever), and her friendly relationship with Albus made James and Scarlett friends off of the Quidditch field.

Scarlett was happy about a lot of things. Her parents where extremely proud of her accomplishments, and even explained to her how they are working up savings for her to come home for Christmas next year. She was now a prefect, and she was super excited to use the bathrooms (she heard there was a million different bubble bath taps!) and her Quidditch team wasn't total rubbish (she has also picked up on British slang).

She prepared endlessly for potions class on the plane, since her grades haven't been the best in the class in the past. The Miller's picked her up from the airport, to Scarlett's obvious happiness.

"Gus!" Scarlett smiled, hugging the tall boy, as he hugged her back. He had his growth spurt in fourth year, so he was at least a head taller than her now.

"Hey Scar." He smiled, breaking the hug when she went to hug the rest of the family.

"How was your summer, hun?" Mrs. Miller asked as the group jumped into the car to Diagon Alley.

"Really fun." Scarlett smiled. The 5 filled each other with moments from when they weren't together, all the way to Diagon Alley.

⁂ ⁂ ⁂

"Oh sorry-" Scarlett apologized, after bumping into a man at Flourish and Blott's to get the two books she needed for the year.

"Oh, you're okay. My fault." The man said as he turned around. The familiar features reminded Scarlett of a friend.

"Are you related to Albus Potter?" She asked, curiously.

The man smiled. "I am his father, actually. And your new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher."

"Cool!"

"Thanks. Well nice to meet you..?"

"Scarlett Crane." She shook his hand. "Nice to meet you too."

"Harry Potter, or now Professor Potter." He introduced, his name was very familiar to Scarlett, almost important, but she couldn't remember why. Some one called his name, making him turn around, then back to Scarlett. "Well, thats my cue. Nice to meet you Scarlett, I hope you enjoy my class!"

Professor Potter turned around, leaving Scarlett. She found Gus immediately, telling him the news.

"Wow, the chosen one is our DA teacher?" Gus smiled.

"Yep." She confirmed, realizing it was the Harry Potter as they left to their house.

⁂ ⁂ ⁂

Scarlett and Augustus waved goodbye to his parents as they boarded the Hogwarts Express.

"So you cant sit with me?" Gus whined when Scarlett told him she had to meet the other prefects at the front of the train.

Scarlett sighed and shook her head. "You'll have Clary."

"What about Olivia?" Gus asked.

"She's a prefect too." Scarlett chuckled and Gus groaned.

Waving goodbye, Scarlett headed to the front compartment. A dozen kids sat inside, all sitting in small chairs lined around the walls.

She sat in an empty chair next to a red-haired girl. A few more kids came into the compartment, but the person who caught Scarlett's eye was a certain blonde haired boy in her year.

Scorpius Malfoy. At his sight, she cursed to herself because she knew he was the other prefect in her house for her grade. He sat down across from her, and as she looked away, he saw her too. Scorpius did the same, cursing under his breath in a realization she was basically his partner.

James and a girl from Hufflepuff stood up and faced the group of prefects.

"Welcome, new prefects and returning." The girl announced. "You all know of the duties and responsibilities prefects are given, so James will hand out your schedules."

James gave a friendly smile to Scarlett when he handed her her sheet, making Scorpius scoff. Scorpius thought James was a kiss-up to everyone, and so was Scarlett.

Scarlett looked down to her schedule to learn she had night hallway duties everyday with Scorpius. A pretty easy task, because no one really left their dorms and common rooms after nine. The hard part would be putting up with him.

James then explained a few things and a few prefects asked questions, and before Scarlett knew it, they were at Hogwarts.

When the train stopped, the kids immediately got up and shuffled out of the train.

The familiar blonde haired boy walked next to her, and before they split up, he said to her, "I guess I'm stuck with you, mudblood."