ten ⁂ wizard chess

Scarlett started wandering off, annoying the hell out of Scorpius. He grabbed her hand, pulling her to their destination. 

    Scorpius pulled Scarlett into her room, closing the door behind him. She looked back to him, her eyebrows wiggling up and down.

    "Where did you find those Joyous jellies?" Scorpius asked, but Scarlett just let her robes fall to the ground as she walked up to the cool glass of the dorm's lake window. He ignored the fact she was waltzing around half naked.

    "Ella. She said she saw a mermaid. I want a mermaid to come!" She smiled, making Scorpius roll his eyes. This was hilarious, but he regretted to say he liked the normal Scarlett better.

    Scorpius could tell which bed was Ella's - via the giant 'E' made of green jewels - but he didn't feel comfortable shifting through her things. He lifted her trunk up, carefully moving a book to find a stash of candy. But not what he needed.

    "Do you want some candy too?" Scarlett asked, and Scorpius nodded. She squealed, opening up Ella's bedside drawer, and there, in the back, where loads of Fainting Fancies, Fever Fudge, and Joyous Jellies.

    Scorpius' stared at the candy until he grabbed a Fainting Fancy, handing the orange side to Scarlett. "Here. Eat these."

    "Okie dokie!" Scarlett obliged, eating the sweet in one bite. "Can we play a game?"

    Suddenly, Scarlett's eyes drooped, and Scorpius took action and caught her from behind. He dragged her limp body to her bed at the other side of the room, where he tucked her under the blankets to cover her half naked body. Scorpius put the yellow side of the candy (the side to wake her up) on the bedside table, ready to give it to her in a few hours when the joyous jelly wears off.

    A small hoot startled Scorpius, making him jump. He turned his head to see a small brown owl fluffing it's wings angrily in it's cage. "Calm down bird, I'm helping her."

⁂    ⁂    ⁂   

December 24, 2021 -
later that night

    Scorpius did his school work in the common room, checking the clock every few minutes as if time was faster than normal. He wanted to wait a few hours to make sure the candy wore off before he woke Scarlett up.

    He blew through his potions homework, for he was always better at everything on paper, for he couldn't correctly and consistently preform the summoning charm. He waved his wand, speaking "Accio quill" in a very stern voice. The quill lifted, but immediately dropped to the ground.

    After an hour, Scorpius was so frustrated he decided to just wake Scarlett up and take a break. He entered the room, looking to Scarlett right away. She was in the same position, her stomach slowly rising and falling. He crossed over to her bed, where he picked up the other piece of the fainting fancy, the one that reverses the effect.

    Scorpius stared at Scarlett's sleeping body, wondering how he was getting her to eat it. He determined the only way to do so was to open he mouth and just tuck it in, so thats exactly what he did. Scorpius used his fingers to slowly open her soft lips, folding the yellow candy onto her tongue. His hands immediately pulled away, for that was the weirdest thing he'd done to anyone.

    A few seconds later, Scarlett's eyes fluttered open, immediately choking on the candy. She frantically sat up, but as soon as she tasted the sweetness of it, she realized what it was and swallowed it.

    Scorpius froze when Scarlett glanced to him, her eyes hardening with the sigh of his. "Scorpius fuc-"

    Scorpius cut her off. "Whoah! You ate some candy that made you all loopy! I was helping you."