twenty two ⁂ good

May 13, 2022

Scarlett slumped against the wall in defeat. Scorpius still stood at the door, hopeful.

"Scorpius, we're stuck." Scarlett stated the obvious. The frustrated boy didn't answer, and finally sunk down to the floor across from her.

⁂ ⁂ ⁂

May 13, 2022 - an hour later

The silence between them was unbearable. Scarlett and Scorpius were being incredibly stubborn, and the two didn't talk for at least an hour despite being less than two arm lengths away from each other. Scorpius spent his time twisting, throwing, and catching his family ring, while Scarlett stared at the many photographs along the small walls. She wondered how James could think up such a place, and how this room could generate these personal photos, ones Scarlett knew where not taken at the time. A few were of Scorpius and his family, or him and his house, Malfoy Manor. There were moving pictures of Scarlett and her family, as well as one with the Millers, and one with Daer.

A sudden stomach grumble caused Scarlett to snap out of her thoughts. She glanced over to Scorpius, who just sighed. "God, I'm starving."

"Did you go to dinner?" Scarlett asked, her thumbs in playful war.

Scorpius shrugged. "Wasn't really hungry at the time."

"Well, we better 'make up' then."

Scorpius slipped back on his ring. "There's nothing to make up."

Scarlett scoffed. "Are you kidding me?"

"What?"

"Oh my god, we're going to be in here forever." Scarlett breathed, staring up into the sky as if it were a call of help. "I'm going to miss class."

"Maybe if we just have a normal conversation it'll let us out." He suggested, and even though Scarlett knew it wouldn't work she agreed.

"So, how's Daer?" Scorpius asked.

"Good."

"Good, I guess."

"How's Rose?"

"Good."

"That's good." Scorpius let out a light chuckle.

     "What?"

"We used to be so much better at conversation."

⁂ ⁂ ⁂

December 31, 2021

"Wow." Scorpius let out. He didn't know how the two ended up warm under her covers, but it had just happened.

"What do you mean 'wow'?" Scarlett asked, staring right into his icy blue eyes. They were inches apart, minutes after their longing kiss.

"I don't know. Its just, I remember first year, and it's all so different." The secure boy said, not sure what to say or how to say it. "You've become so different."

Scarlett tilted her head as she smirked. "Good different?"

"Good different." Scorpius nodded. He glanced down to her soft lips and her smooth cheek that he desperately wanted to kiss, but he knew it was too soon. Had she liked the first one?

"Do you like the person you've become, Scorpius?"

Scorpius, not liking his answer, responded with another question. "Do you?"

Scarlett looked to her lap and thought for a moment. She didn't know her truthful answer, but looking at this moment — right then — she knew her answer. "Yes."

⁂ ⁂ ⁂

May 13, 2022 - a flashback later

"What are you thinking about?" When Scarlett didn't answer, Scorpius knew. "Christmas."

She nodded, looking down at her lap and her antsy thumbs. She had never been this nervous around a boy before. Not even Lucas, and she hated it. There was so much hidden rage that Scarlett had for Scorpius, but not directly. She hated the way he made her feel, and how she didn't know how he felt, so she couldn't act on her feelings, but just keep them hidden. Scarlett then quickly stood up, for her anxiousness was overpowering. Scorpius stared up at her, confused.

"What's wrong?" Scorpius questioned, standing up himself, towering over her.

"You." She mumbled and turned around.

Scorpius put his arms on her shoulders, spinning her back around to face him. "Me?"

"Yes." Scarlett breathed in oxygen desperately. "I—I... just tell me Scorpius, do you like me or not? Ever since Christmas, I've been so confused, and I just don't feel myself anymore? Is this normal? I'm shaking, and i—it's hard for me to respond without saying something stupid and I..."

Scorpius's eyes searched her face for something as she trailed off. He wasn't sure if she was going to cry or not, and the small amounts of guilt he had felt occasionally seemed to pile up at that very moment. He could hear her breathing at a steady beat, while his picked up. His hands were still on her shoulders, and before he knew it, they were sliding down her flawless body until they clutched her waist.

Scorpius pulled Scarlett towards him, their bodies smashing and their lips colliding. He felt her melt into his touch as her small hands on his cheeks seemed to push them closer. Scorpius knew greed was overwhelming him, and he was letting it.

"I am so sorry." Scorpius muttered between his fast breathes.

"It's oka—" Scarlett cut off, breaking from the heated kiss. "Oh my god."

"Oh, god." Scorpius repeated, realizing what they had just done.

"What just happened?" Scarlett asked, still wrapped in Scorpius's arms.

Before Scorpius could of answered, the click of an unlocking door pulled them out of their conversation.

[OH MY GOD I JUST REALIZED THE ONE PART IT SOUNDS LIKE THEY HAD SEX BUT RHEY DIDN'T OKAY SORRY]