two ⁂ quidditch

this is the last fetus scarlett i sWEAR

September 13, 2018

"You don't have to come to my tryouts!" Scarlett exclaimed to her two best friends, Clary and Olivia.

"Well, you came to ours!" Clary argued. It was their second year, and quidditch tryouts were making everyone nervous. "Even with the other Gryffindors thinking you were a spy!"

"Which was weird, because I'm not even on the Slytherin team." Scarlett shrugged. She held her Nimbus 2001, that she bought with her extra money Hogwarts gave her last year and this year. The broom might of been made 20 years ago, but it still was one of the fastest.

"You will! Last year, you where one of the few first years that could actually fly on the broom!" Olivia said. They walked out onto the Quidditch field, where kids in green jerseys raced around in the air.

"Yeah, but you and Clary got to practice over summer. I couldn't." Scarlett waved at the two climb onto the stands.

"You'll be fine. Just do what you do!" Clary yelled, giving Scarlett a thumbs up.

"Good luck, Scar!" Olivia waved.

Scarlett hopped on her broom and clutched the front. She lifted herself off the ground steadily. The broom shook frantically, and Scarlett went back to the ground.

She took a deep breath, deciding all her problems stay in the castle, but leave on the field. Like her not being able to complete the Swelling Solution in potions class, how cute Lucas Romsey was, pretty much the whole Slytherin house knew she was a 'mudblood', and how her parents haven't sent back a letter since she's gotten back to school.

Scarlett jumped back on the broom with only Quidditch on her mind. She read all about the rules, asked Clary and Olivia for advice, and even watched an ancient video on it. She felt ready mentally, but really her physical readiness could get her on the team. Scarlett took a few laps around the field, making funny faces at Clary and Olivia on the stands as many times as possible. She waved at Alicia, who was in the stands too, probably because James was trying out too.

When she noticed most of the kids gathering up on the ground, she joined them. What confused her too, was that three were  wearing seeker uniforms. One of them was Scorpius Malfoy too, Scarlett knew what she had to say, even if she hated Scorpius. Lucas was standing next him, who was trying out to be a beater, but she pushed back her butterflies and blushes and walked up to Scorpius.

"Why are you trying out for seeker? You know James is the best one out of all of us." Scarlett exclaimed to Scorpius, who wasn't even bothering to make eye contact with her.

"My father and grandfather were seekers." He answered, straightening his shoulders.

Scarlett sighed. "Come on. You know you are better at chaser."

"A mudblood does not need to tell me what position to be in for Quidditch." He hissed. Scarlett didn't understand why every time she talked to him it always came to her being a mudblood. He knew the word didn't insult her, so Scarlett wondered why he used it so often.

"I just hope you know there's only three chasers trying out, so you'd probably have a better chance of getting on the team."

The team captain, Devin Dunwich, who was a beater, faced the group of kids. Scarlett was thankful he was half-blood, because she knew her blood status would certainly cost her a place on the team otherwise. "Welcome to the Slytherin Quidditch Team tryouts. We will play one match. I will break you into teams based on your favored position. Scorpius, you'll sit until we can sub you for James or something, Aimee, when one beater gets-"

"I'll be trying out for chaser, actually." Scorpius corrected, making Scarlett smirk. Scorpius glanced to Scarlett, immediately turning away when he saw the expression on her face.

"Oh, that makes my life easier. And remember I'm looking not only for individual skill, but teamwork." Devin announced to the group, then split them up based on their grade.

Scarlett quickly learned her team's names, and they set up in their positions. Scarlett, being determined to get on the team, called getting the quaffle when the ref, or in this case, Devin, threw it up in the air. She got into her starting position, where Scorpius faced her. He was on the other team, since they were the only two second year chasers trying out.

Devin blew the whistle as he threw up the quaffle. Immediately, Scarlett dived and grabbed it. In shock, Scorpius trailed her, trying to grab it back. She weaved through the players, while also trying to dodge buldgers.

"Will!" Scarlett yelled, as the other chaser, Will turned his head, as Scarlett chucked the ball to him. The fourth year grabbed the ball with no problem and threw it into the bottom left goal. The other team's keeper sped to grab it, but failed in the means. Clary and Olivia cheered in the stands, and Scarlett smiled.

The keeper threw the ball to Scorpius, who flew up, away from all of the chaos from the players now below.

Scarlett leaned forward, increasing her speed greatly. She caught up to Scorpius and bumped him, attempting to steal the quaffle in his arms. The two exchanged competitive glances before racing for the goal. A buldger flew passed their faces, which only made the two more determined.

Scarlett pushed him to the right to the edge of the boundaries. Scorpius dived down, making her lose her balance, and stumble in the air. Scorpius flew forward, and while dodging a buldger, he hurled the quaffle straight into the hoop. Some people in the crowd cheered.

Scarlett regained her balance easily and flew around, looking for an open spot when she noticed all the players had stopped flying. She looked down to where most eyes travelled, to see James holding the snitch.

"Nice one Potter! The rest of you too! The team will be posted next week, if not, another tryout will be called!" Devin yelled, as Scarlett wiped the layer of sweat off her forehead and headed to the locker rooms.

⁂ ⁂ ⁂

September 20, 2018

Scarlett rushed to the Slytherin common room, where she had heard the results have been posted. She knew Clary made Keeper and Olivia was Seeker (which Scarlett wasn't even surprised about, they were both really good Quidditch players) for Gryffindor.

Slytherin Quidditch 2018

James Potter - Seeker

William Bagshot - Chaser

Scarlett Crane - Chaser

Scorpius Malfoy - Chaser

Devin Dunwich - Beater

Lucas Romsey - Beater

Marge Kneen - Keeper

Scarlett silently squealed, amazed how she actually made the team. Except Lucas was on the team, and so was Scorpius.