twenty six ⁂ friends

May 29, 2022

It had been more than a week since Scorpius first started coming to the bath with Scarlett. In a matter of fact, it had become a regular occurrence. Besides Scarlett having to bathe everyday in a swim suit, Scorpius was actually pretty good company.

"Can you hand me my towel?" Scorpius asked before he pulled the drain as Scarlett got out of the bath to dry. She tossed the white cloth to him, and he caught it easily before wrapping it around himself. After all the water drained out, the orange scent still lingered.

"I can't believe we're stuck in potions after class again." Scarlett groaned.

"More like stuck with him for the rest of the afternoon." Scorpius muttered. Again, the two had the task of brewing a potion in class, only to fail miserably along with a few other students. This time, Professor Killian made sure their redo was to teach them a lesson. This included a very excessive session of brewing and studying with none other than Professor Killian. "Partner?"

"Who else would I be with?" Scarlett laughed, and Scorpius rolled his eyes. The two continued with their routine, the both of them changing into their clothes in side by side stalls. "I know this is weird, but... I just don't—"

"Oh," Scorpius chuckled, cutting Scarlett off from her stuttering. "Well, it was way to exhausting to just be mean cause I'm with you all the damn time so I thought we might as well be friends."

"Friends?" Scarlett jumped at the word, pulling her shirt over her head.

Although she couldn't see him? his voice echoed throughout the bathroom. "Yeah. What's wrong the that?"

⁂ ⁂ ⁂

May 30, 2022

Scarlett woke up early that morning to avoid her roommates. She made quick conversation with Gus in charms class and Lily in Dark Arts before heading into potions. Scarlett was especially eager to come into potions because Scorpius and her were friends, and there was a long afternoon ahead of them. Scarlett sat down at her seat next to an intelligent Ravenclaw— a student who Killian was hoping would help Scarlett— but unfortunately did not talk to her at all. She was kind of glad that she moved away from Clary and Olivia, but sometimes she'd rather have gossip then nothing at all.

When Professor Killian swaggered in, the whole class fell silent. "Class, today we are trying something different. We are going to recognize potions as lethal, neutral, or harmless based on ingredients."

Scarlett tried to focus throughout the lesson, but Scorpius and his friends distracted her. Their comments and chuckling didn't bother her at first, but when she tried to ask Scorpius a question, her just brushed her off and continued his conversation.

"So much for being a friend," Scarlett said to herself through gritted teeth. Just on time, the bell rang and the class was deserted in a second. That of course, besides the lucky few who had to stay after. Before she knew it, Scorpius slid into the deserted seat next to her.

"No." Scarlett said before she began picking up her bag to move to another seat. As she started to get up, a hand grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"Stay." Scarlett looked to Scorpius, who had this glimmer of guilt in his blue eyes. "I'm sorry, its just the guys can't know we're friends, okay?"

Scarlett sighed, sitting back down. She knew she shouldn't expect anything more.

"Alright students," Professor Killian said, smacking his hands onto the textbooks open of his desks. "Since you all make me feel like a complete failure of a teacher, I'm going to make sure after this study session I'll never see your faces after school again."

"Bad day?" Scorpius muttered under his breath, making Scarlett giggle. She raised her hand, and Professor Killian called on her immediately. Scarlett requested to go to the bathroom, which he nodded too before Scarlett left the room.

The professor glanced around the room, before pointing at Scorpius. "Okay, Mr. Malfoy. Thank you for volunteering!" The Professor said sarcastically mocked. He gestured Scorpius up to his table before explaining. "Spoiler: next week there may or may not be a quiz on judging potions by color and ingredients. Be sure to tell anyone and everyone. So, for practice, I will let you guys be my guinea pigs. Scorpius, you first. Tell me which potion is which."

Scorpius approached the table, which had three cauldrons placed on top. The first one had a blue color, with pink smoke rising from the potion. "Easy, I don't even have to smell it. Its a Boil Cure."

Professor Killian nodded, and waved him to the next one. The black pot was filled with acid green liquid, almost boiling over the top. Scorpius studied the potion, thinking. "Smell it, Mr. Malfoy." Professor Killian suggested.

Scorpius leaned over the boiling glop. "Rat... spleen? Is this a Shrinking solution?"

"Very good. Why don't you behave like this in my real class?" The Professor raised an eyebrow, and Scorpius moved on to the next potion, a swirling pink and white concoction.

Scorpius smelled it, but couldn't seem to figure out what it was. "I don't understand. I smell oranges and the vanilla of old books. They're definitely aren't ingredients used in potions."

Professor Killian chuckled, explaining as Scarlett rejoined the class and stood next to Scorpius in front of the array of cauldrons. "Its a trick question, Scorpius. This is an Amortentia potion, or a love potion, and it has been proven you smell what attracts you, for example a certain person..."

[Scorpius or James?]