Chapter 6: Australis Attack

3rd POV:

Previously Of Kyochuu Rettou: Dino Crisis.

Miura: "!!!!!"

Kamijo: "W-What was that?"

Kai: "Maybe a giant dinosaur."

Then another cry was answered from another part of the forest. It has gotten louder as it was still distant. It was something big, something near.

(Y/N): "Whatever it is, it sounds like it's already there."

Soap: "Alright, everybody stay behind us." He said to them and they got their guns out and aiming at whatever it is here.

They all saw the place that tops the trees beginning to move. A forest seems to be coming alive before stopping. The group crossed themselves quickly before they followed (Y/N) deeper into the interior of the jungle. It wasn't long until they found the remains of a broken jeep. They followed it. Their progress would be a lot quicker on the road. They came across a stream with muddy banks on both sides. (Y/N) sees a clear three-toes footprint in the mud, and as he looks, he sees that some of them were quiet bigger. Something shiny pointed in the stream. (Y/N) bent over to pick it up. As he did he realize that he was holding a pipette, the kind that is used in the laboratories.

When the two of them and the group of survivors heard something and make them both got their guns out and the survivors who hiding behind at the two operators.

Suddenly (Y/N) caught movement in his right eye. Something brown and scurry was scurrying across the ground. The group saw it, too and grunted in surprise. Just as quickly as it appeared, it had slipped back into the jungle. (Y/N) looked at the tiny footprints left by the animal, and recognizes for a second what the animal was. Suddenly a soft squeak cane from his left, as the ferns began to shake near him. After waiting patiently, a small animal peeked out from the fronds. It was a tiny sauropod from the late Triassic. 

A Mussaurus

A Mussaurus.

(Y/N): "What the? A Mussaurus." He said and the two operators were lower their guns down.

Soap: "What a cute little guy." He said.

Miura: "Aw, how cute."

The little animal ventured out of it further from the fronds and (Y/N) slowly extended his hand. The creature squeaked once more, but didn't make any sudden moves. If anything had seemed curious, cocking it's head before walking closer. The tiny animal showed no sign of fear before it stepped lightly into (Y/N)'s hand. The dinosaur walked around and sniffed his fingers. (Y/N) smiled as if he was charmed, and showed the animal to the group.

(Y/N): "This is a Mussaurus."

The group was amazed as they took a look.

Matsuoka: "A mu-what?"

(Y/N): "A Mussaurus, it's name means a 'mouse lizard'. This little guy is unlike its huge descendants, however, as it was a small, fast plant-eater. I assume that this one is an infant."