Ch. 26

|Brian's POV|

I stepped out of my car and sniffed the air. Every since my first time visiting, I always loved the California atmosphere. I even thought about moving here.

I pulled out my phone and called my friend. I wouldn't call her my girlfriend, but she was here for me and I had love for her. She's a good woman.

"Baby, I'm here." I smiled. She like it when I call her that.

"Alright love, I'll be there in a few." She replied, before hanging up. I got back inside my car and listened to the radio while I waited for her to pull up.

She pulled up to our usual meeting spot twenty minutes later. I got out and hugged her tight.

"I missed you." She smiled, planting a kiss on my cheek. I gave her a peck on the lips.

"I missed you too, let's get out of here." I tell her. She nodded and we both got in our cars. Now we were on our way to my house, to meet up with my new boss. If you know what I mean.

There was buisness to discuss and shit needed to happen fast. If everything goes smooth, I'll have that son of bitch Kendrick locked up and his crew in two weeks.

Then I have a suprise for everyone and it will be big.

We pulled up at our house and he was already here. I'm ready to get down to business.

"I'll go get you something to drink." Trisha tells me. "He wants you in his car."

I nodded and traced the scar on her neck. Then I traced the one on her chest. She cringed and removed my hands, I know they were marks from an horrible accident done to her.

I kissed her cheek and smiled. She then walked away and I headed towards his car.

His guards opened the backseat door for me and I climbed inside. I was greeted by smoke in my face.

He was smoking an cigar.

"Brian." He coughed.

"Abraham." I dryly replied.

"How is everything going at your job?" He asked me. I shifted in my seat.

"Good, but I need you to hurry up and get your next drop done. My boss is worried and so I am. Kendrick approached me the other day, he's catching on I believe."

"It'll be a week before my new shipment comes in and another week before they come to me again.. I told you this already." He coughed again. "You need to worry about that body up in your bitch's attic."

"I got that under control. I won't reveal that until those fuckers are behind bars." I angrily replied.

"I have a question.." Abraham says, looking at me.

"Shoot."

"Why are you even doing this? Isn't this your son's business?" He asked.

I was taken back by that question, but I have a response.

"I was never in Brandon's life, his mother and I gave him up for adoption. When he found us, he was grown, and I tried making a bond with him but he only pushed me away. He formed a bond with everyone, but me including his mother. I guess I'm bitter about that.." I tell him honestly.

He shook his head, but said nothing else. I knew what he was thinking but I don't care. To be honest, I think I'm a little more hurt than angry. I want him to hurt as much as I do.

"Get out my car." He demanded. I opened the door and his guard stopped me.

"We'll be talking again soon." He said, before his guard closed the door. When I looked up Trisha was waiting on me with a cup in her hand.