Next Stop Lotus Hotel and Casino

Sorry for the wait got busy. Getting ready to back to school again and it's been tough. Third year in collage in Automation major, got to be ready for anything. Also we passed 2k reads thank you for the continued support! Much love everyone!

The war god was waiting for us in the diner parking lot.

"Well, well." he said "You didn't get yourself killed." 

"You knew it was a trap" Percy said

Ares gave him a wicked grin. "Bet that crippled blacksmith was surprised when he netted a couple of stupid kids. You looked good on TV" He said looking at me and Annabeth

I took the shield from Grover's hands and tossed it at the gods chest. "You're a real jerk" He caught the shield still holding that stupid grin.

Ares spun it the air like pizza dough. It changed form, melting into a bulletproof vest. He slung it across his back.

"See that truck over there?" He pointed to an eighteen-wheeler parked across the street from the diner. "That's your ride. Take you straight to L.A., with one stop to Vegas."

The eighteen-wheeler had a sign on the back, which I could read only because it was reverse-printed white on black, a good combination for dyslexia: KINDNESS INTERNATIONAL: HUMANE ZOO TRANSPORT. WARNING: LIVE WILD ANIMALS.

Percy said "You're kidding"

Ares snapped his fingers. The back door of the truck unlatched. "Free ride west, punk. Stop complaining. And here's a little something for doing the job"

He slung a blue nylon backpack off his handlebars and tossed it at Percy

Inside were fresh clothes for all of us(Shirts I don't need but new jeans are a goldmine right about now), twenty bucks in cash, a pouch full of golden drachmas, and a bag full of cream filled chocolate cookies. 

"I don't-" Before Percy could say anything else I put my hand up in front of him 

"Thank you, lord Ares," Grover said giving us a warning look 

Percy gritted his teeth, but reluctantly he slung the backpack over his shoulder. He was fuming in anger, no doubt this was Ares's presence. I too want to just run at him and punch him right in the face. 

Inside the diner were a handful of customers now. The waitress who'd served us dinner was watching nervously out the window, like she was afraid Ares might hurt us. I dared him to try and hurt my friends, so help me I would use all my current power and tear him apart. (Yeah his ability to make people angry was really kicking in)

The waitress dragged the fry cook out from the kitchen to see. She said something to him. He nodded, and held up a little disposable camera and snapped a picture of us.

That isn't good, but I right now I can't do anything about it. Sooner or later we'd all end up on the papers, and I didn't dare imagine the headline.

"You owe me one more thing," Percy said behind his gritted teeth. "You promised me information about my mother"

"You sure you can handle the news?" He kick-started his motorcycle. 

"Just give him the information already, we are running on a schedule here." I said getting very impatient with this god

He grinned "She's not dead."

Grover caught his best friend from tipping over as though his legs had turned to jello "What do you mean?" Percy struggled

"I mean she was taken away from the Minotaur before she could die. She was turned into a shower of gold, right? That's metamorphosis. Not death. She's being kept."