TRAITOR

Well here it is the final chapter of The Lightening Thief. Let's see how it goes shall we? I hope you enjoy.

While flying back to camp I thought about everything I was revealed by my mother. Usually when I fly, I feel calm and the air felt nice. But right now I wasn't enjoying it much. Who would after all that? 

My brain put a lock on that old memory because it caused me the most pain. My dad died in my own arms and just remembering his pained expression made me tremble. He—No we were betrayed, and I believe nothing hurts more than being betrayed by someone you thought was a friend. 

I speed through the sky leaving a trail of light behind me as I spun in and out of the clouds. As I weaved into another cloud something unexpected happened. The inside of the cloud suddenly sparked to life with lightening, not only that something had materialized inside the cloud hitting me in the process. I only caught a glimpse of thunder crackling over glowing yellow eyes? 

I fell through the air spinning out of control, I was about to crash on the top of a building if I hadn't maneuvered my body to be able to spread my wings into a glide. I landed on the top of the building with a sliding halt. 

I looked up to the sky and when I did I only saw a shape for a split second. Before it neighed? And vanish in another crack of thunder. For a second I thought it was Zeus trying to kill me again, but he and mom had an agreement he can't hurt me as long I as stand along side the gods. So then what was that? I might need to research my old journal if there's anything for that?

For now I needed to get back to camp, but this time I might take flight closer to the ground. . . .

I landed on Half-Blood hill's crest, I sat down to wait for Percy since it seemed he wasn't here yet. If he were I think I would've heard the celebration from here. 

It wasn't long when he started up the hill, when he looked up he smiled seeing me. 

"Took you long enough Seaweed Brain" I said sarcastically

"Just talked with my mom for bit" he said "I was happy to see her" he continued. Which I believed, he had been so worried for her safety since we started this quest.

"Yeah well it's over and she's back home" I said. "Now let's finish up this quest"

He nodded and we walked through the barrier 

We were the first heroes to return alive to Camp since Luke, so of course everybody treated Percy, Grover and Annabeth as if they'd won the Olympics. I stood far behind them as to not be singled out as the odd ball again. What I didn't expect was Percy grabbing my arm and pulling me close to them. He told everyone everything I did to keep them safe from Medusa, Echidna and her son Chimera. 

Then I felt someone put their hand on the center of my back giving me chills. I turned around, it was Selina Beauregard, she was admiring my wings she even plucked one of the feathers and placed it in her hair. Next thing I knew I was lifted up into the air by the near look-a-like Stoll brothers. They cheered my name excitedly even other campers chanted along.

It's been awhile since I had this sense of happiness, but after they put me down I felt this cold eerie feeling in my chest. Then his words ringed in my head again "That anyone you loved would meet a terrible fate." Again, I know he said that anyone I loved, but does that only mean romantically or platonically. . . 

"No, that is a stupid thing to ask, The other heroes I spent time with were loving friendships. The only one that was different was—Anyway they all met with terrible fates. Even Heracles who got himself poisoned." I thought to myself. 

I didn't have time to think more about it as I was pulled along with the others. According to camp tradition, we wore laurel wreaths to a big feast prepared in our honor. My stomach grumbled thinking of the food. The wreath was placed on my head gave me a feeling that I didn't like. So I instinctively removed it off my head, holding it in front of me reminding me of the one I wore as a kid in the old days and the one my dad wore—I didn't feel like I was ready to wear this.