We Board The Princess Andromeda

(Not my art above taken from a page in the SOM graphic novel.)

Please enjoy and thanks for the constant support <3

I came down with a sliding holt. Looking trying to find the danger, but I only found Annabeth and Tyson in front of Percy.

"Where's the danger?" I demanded with my left cheek balled up because I still chewing on some berries. 

Percy raised his arms waving them out towards me "No danger I'm fine" he said. "Like I was saying to them I didn't call out for help." At least he could understand me.

"But then who . . ." Annabeth noticed the three yellow duffel bags, then the thermos and the bottle of vitamins Percy was holding. "What-"

"Just listen," Percy began. "We don't have much time."

Percy told us about his conversation with Hermes. By the time he finished, I could hear screeching in the distance-patrol harpies picking up our scent.

"Percy," Annabeth said, "we have to do the quest."

"We'll get expelled, you know. Trust me, I'm an expert at getting expelled." 

"So? If we fail, there won't be any camp to come back to."

"Yeah, but you promised Chiron-"

"WE promised we'd keep you from danger. And we can only do that by coming with you." I said wiping my lip.

"Tyson can stay behind and tell them-"

"I want to got," Tyson interrupted.

"No!" Annabeth's voice sounded close to panic. "I mean . . . Percy, come on. You know that's impossible."

From the looks of it Percy was also as curious as I was. Annabeth was really not wanting the Cyclops to come along on this quest. I too didn't want the guy to come because I felt he would slow us down. Being that he was still a young kid in a very tall body. Yet, if Tyson stays I believe that, not just Tantalus. But everyone will mistreat him even worse than they did to me when I was claimed. 

Both Tyson and Annabeth looked at Percy, waiting for his answer. He turned towards the water, I followed his gaze and saw a ship. It was slowly getting farther and farther away. I felt something tug inside my gut like it did before with . . . I shook my head and saw Percy look at me like he was asking for my input. I shrugged my shoulders, to me he's the leader. He should answer this.

It didn't help his case as the young cyclops was seconds away from crying his eye out. As strong built he is he's still a big ol'softy. The screeches got louder behind us-the harpies were getting closer. He was has to answer quickly.

"We can't leave him," he decided. "Tantalus will punish him for us being gone."

"Percy," Annabeth said, trying to keep her cool, "We're going to Polyphemus's island! Polyphemus is an S-I-k . . . a C-y-k. . ." She stamped her foot in frustration. As smart as she was, Annabeth was dyslexic, too. We could've been there all night while she tried to spell Cyclops. "You know what I mean!"

I was trying to put her letters together to form what she was trying to spell. I thought Cyclops was spelled with a K. . .was it because of the old alphabet is still in my head?

"Tyson can go," Percy insisted, "if he wants to."

Tyson clapped his hands. "Want to!"

Annabeth gave him the evil eye, but I guess she could tell he wasn't going to change his mind. Or maybe she just knew we didn't have time to argue.