Chapter 2

I woke up to the smell of bacon and instantly got up and walked out into the living room. Looked like the gang decided to crash at the house last night, but I didn't see Dally anywhere. I went into the kitchen expecting to find Darry at the stove cooking. He was standing there in just his jeans, no shirt, and I walked up and gave him a big hug.

"Morning," I said sounding sleepy. Then he turned around and I realized I wasn't hugging Darry as I thought I was. It was Dally! I quickly took my arms from around him and my face turned bright red.

"S-sorry. I thought you were Darry," I stammered.

"It's alright," he replied with a little grin playing on his lips. Why did that look have to send chills down my spine?

"Where's Darry?" I asked, trying to get my mind off seeing him standing there shirtless and perfect looking.

"He had to go to work, so I decided to cook. You hungry?" Dally asked, standing awfully close to me now.

"Uh, yeah. I guess. Everybody leave except you and Two-Bit?" I asked him.

"Yeah," he replied putting some eggs and bacon on two plates and setting them on the table. "Aren't ya gunna come eat?" He asked me, already stuffing his face.

"Oh, right, yeah." I mumbled walking over to sit beside him. We at there in silence just eating when out of no where Dally turned to face me.

"Do you wanna go do something we me today?" He asked.

"Um, like what?" I replied.

"I don't know, I just feel like doing something." He said, looking down at the floor.

"Yeah, I guess we could do something. Just lemme go change." I said before putting my dishes in the sunk and walking to my room. Once in my room, I found a pair of shorts and a somewhat nice purple tanktop and threw them on. Then I went to the restroom and brushed my hair out and put on just a touch of make up. I don't usually wear make up, but I figured I would today. When I was finished, I walked into the living room and Dally stood up.

"You ready?" He asked, and I saw him looking at me different.

"Yeah, let's go." I replied, getting awfully nervous.

As we walked down the street towards the Dingo, I noticed a black car following close behind us. Dally must've noticed too, 'cause we were suddenly walking a whole lot faster than before. He led me down an alley and two guys were there waiting for us. The car pulled up behind us and two more socs jumped out and surrounded us.

"Hey baby, what're ya doing with this greaser. I could show you a much better time." Said Bob, the lead soc.

"Leave her alone will ya." said Dally.

"Butt out Winston." Spit Bob. He walked over to me and grabbed me by the waist and Dally tried to stop him but Bob just punched him real hard and down he went.

"Don't!" I screamed, but Bob kept his hard grip on me and two other socs started fighting Dal. I kicked Bob as hard as I could, and got free of his grip. I tried to help Dally, but four other socs showed up and started punching me. I was thrown to the ground, and they were all kicking and spitting at me. I cried for Dally's help and all of a sudden, they were being pulled off me and running away.

"Hey, you okay?" Asked Dally softly. Placing a hand on my stomach where I was bleeding.

"Yeah, just a little banged up." I said through tears. Dally picked me up and carried me back to the house. No one was there, so he put me down on the couch and sat next to me.

"You sure you're alright?' He asked me again, concern on his face.

"Yeah. I'm fine Dal. Just a little shaken up is all." I replied. I didn't realize tears had started rolling down my cheeks again until Dally wiped one away.

"I'm sorry this happened to you." He said, putting his arm around me and pulling me close to him. I swear my heart was gonna jump outta my chest at any minute it was bearing so hard. I never thought I'd like having Dally put his arm around me, but the feeling sent shivers down my spine, and I liked it.

A couple hours later the gang showed up and Soda gave me a bug hug, causing me to wince.

"What's wrong, you okay?" Asked Soda examining me.

"I'm fine. Just had a run in with Bob and his gang today." I reassured Soda.

"What'd he do to you?" Soda said, furious.

"He tried to grab me and Dally told him to back off, then they fought, and some others were kicking and punching me." I explained. That made everyone real mad, and Steve said that if they ever bothered me again, they were gonna get it bad. I thanked them and went into my room. A few minutes later, Soda walked in.

"You sure you're okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I'll be alright." I said rather tiredly.

"Alright." He said, giving me a hug. "Two-Bit, Steve and I are gonna go out for awhile. Darry won't be home tonight, and Pony's staying over at Johnny's. You gonna be okay by yourself?" Soda asked.

"Yeah, go on ahead. I'll be fine." I replied, and he nodded. Then we both walked out and Dally offered to stay here with me tonight so I wouldn't be all alone. Everybody thought that was a real good idea, even Two-Bit.

Once everybody was gone, Dally and I were just sitting there watching a movie on tv. I don't know what it's about, 'cause I'm too busy thinking about why Dally would offer to stay with me. I decide to ask him why.

"Hey Dal, why'd you offer to stay with me?" I asked curiously.

"Thought you wouldn't want to be alone." Was all he said back before turning back to the tv. I sat there thinking about his response. I guess it made sense, j really didn't want to sit here all by myself all night. At least with Dally here I'm not alone.

I must've fell asleep, 'cause when I woke up I was laying on the couch and it was dark outside. I got up and went to the kitchen for some water. As I walked back to the couch,no heard a conversation outside. I listened real hard and figured out it was Dally and Sodapop having a talk.

"I like her a lot man, promise me you ain't gunna tell though. Okay?" Said Dally.

"C'mon Dal. Why can't I tell her?" I heard Soda whine.

"'Cause I'm gunna tell her tomorrow. I'm gonna ask her to go to lunch with me and I'll tell her then." Dally explained. I couldn't help think that they were talking about me. But I didn't know for sure, and I wasn't going to get my hopes up. I pulled the blanket up and fell into a deep sleep and started dreaming of the one and only Dallas Winston.

This guy drives me crazy somedays.