Chapter 6

I spent the entire night crying and thinking about Dallas Winston. He was the only guy I had ever loved, and still do. I can't believe that he believed that slut Sylvia over me. I was just starting to fall asleep when Soda and Ponyboy came bursting into the room.

"Beth! Come quick!" Yelled Soda dragging me outta bed.

"What? What's wrong?!" I asked, throwing on a sweater and some shoes.

"It's Dally, Tim Shepard and his gang are beating on him at the lot." Pony explained. I ran out the door as fast as I could. Yeah, I was mad at Dally, but there was no way I was gonna let him die. I loved him too much. Once I got there, I saw Time on top of Dally punching him over and over again. I ran up and jumped on Tim's back, knocking him to the ground. By then, the whole gang was there, and they had to pull me off of Tim because I was beating him so bad. Once they took him away, I crawled over to Dally and wiped all the dirt and blood from his face. By now, I was just crying like a little baby, and he reached up and wiped some tears away.

"Why're ya crying Beth?" He asked.

"Because I thought I'd lost you." I explained, crying even harder. He sat up and wrapped his arms worund me and held me close.

" You'll never lose me, I'll always be yours." He said, grabbing my face in his hands. He leaned in and slowly kissed me on the lips.

"I know, and you'll always have me." I replied, looking into those big brown eyes of his.

"Even after what I did to you?" he asked embarassed. I took a deep breath and nodded my head.

"Even after what you did. I love you so much Dallas." I replied with tears in my eyes. I wrapped my arms aroud his neck and pulled him in for a kiss. "I love you too." He mumbled before returning the kiss. WE were interrupted by Soda putting a hand on my shoulder.

"We'd better head back to the house and fix Dal up.' He explained. I nodded and him and Steve helped him back to the house. Once we got there, I found the first aid kit and a big bag of ice. I put the ice on Dally's knee, and go to cleaning up his wounds.

"You sure did get beat up." I said while he was whincing as I cleaned out the cuts on his face.

"It's nothing." He said, trying to sound tuff. After I finished fixing him up, he fell asleep. I went and laid down aswell, and soon fell asleep. I woke up around 2AM, and decided to go get some water. When I walked out into the living room, I saw that Dally wasn't on the couch and the front door was open. I walked outside, and there he was just standing there having a smoke.

"What're ya doing Dal?" I asked as he turned around.

"Just thinkin'' He said kinda nervous like.

"About what?" I asked, walking over to him. He looked down at me and smiled that smile I love so much.

"Will you be my girl? Again?" He asked randomly. I stared up at him, so many thoughts running through my head. What was I gonna say? I loved him, and he loved me, but I was afraid to get hurt again. What do i do?!?!