Chapter 5

I woke up to Sodapop yelling at someone really loud.

"What the hell man?! What are you doing?!" He yelled.

"What does it look like?" I heard Dally reply. I walked into the living room then saw Dally and froze. There he was, sitting on the couch with Sylvia hanging off him. Before Soda answered, I jumped in.

"Looks like you're cheating on your girlfriend." I said loud enough for everyone to hear. The gang all turned to me. "Couldn't help overhearing all the yelling, so I came to see what was up." I explained. Dally looked a little shocked as I walked up to him and gave him back his ring. "I don't think I'm gonna need this." I said.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm done Dally. I knew you were a player, but I still dated you." I said, walking into the kitchen. He got up and followed me.

"That's it? You're just breaking up with me?" He sounded angry.

"Yea, because I'm not gonna date a guy who cheats on me." I replied and left the house. I walked to the park an sat down on the fountain. I started to cry.

"Beth, what's wrong?" Someone asked. I looked up to find Johnny standing in front of me.

"Dally cheated on me, so I broke up with him." I explained, then started to cry even harder. Johnny sat down beside me and wrapped and arm around my shoulders. I leaned into him for support, and we just sat there for awhile. "Thanks Johnny." I said after a little while.

"No problem." He said shyly. We got up, and walked back to my house. When we walked in, everybody was there except Dally. Darry came up to me and hugged me tight.

"How ya doin' kid?" Asked Steve.

"I'll be okay eventually." I replied, holding on to Darry for awhile longer. I finally let go of him and went to my room. I sat on the bed and just felt empty inside. Dally had been there when I was hurt, but now what was I gonna do?

"What do you think you're doing here Winston?!" I heard Darry yell.

"I need to talk to Beth." I heard him reply.

"Not happening." Darry replied, and I heard Soda agree with him.

"C'mon Darrel. I gotta talk to her." Dally said, sounding real hurt.

"If she says yes, then I'll let ya. If not, you get out." Darry replied. I heard him knock on my door then he walked in. "Dallas wants to talk to you." He said. I nodded.

"Okay, but can all you guys go do something? I kinda want to talk to him alone." I asked.

"Alright, but if he does something, you holler okay?" He told me and I nodded. He walked out and told everybody they had to go except for Dally. After they walked out, Dally came to my room.

"Can I come in?" He asked, standing at the door.

"I guess so." I replied coldly. He walked in and sat down on the chair. I watched him run his hands through his hair, and take a real deep breath.

"Beth, I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking." He replied.

"Looks like ya did, ya brought her here." I said quietly.

"I brought her to make you jealous." He explained.

"Jealous? Why do I need to be jealous?" I asked.

"Don't play dumb. I know you was two timing me." He said sounding real angry. I looked at him and started to get angry too.

"What the hell are you talking about Dally?! I never once cheated, I would never!!" I screamed at him. He looked at me with a pained expression on his face.

"Sylvia told me she saw you with Curly." He explained. That's when I lost it.

"You're believing that slut?!?! She's a liar Dally, she's been trying to break us up since before we was even together! I can't believe you'd believe her over someone who loves you! Get the hell outta my house!!" I screamed as loud as I could. He tried to speak but I cut him off. "GO! I can't stand to look at you!" I yelled. He got up and threw the chair at the wall.

"Dammit beth!" He said as he walked out. Darry came in and I pushed him away. I was crying like crazy now, and I was falling apart. I knew I should've listened to Dally, but I was scared. I loved him, but he let me down. What the hell was I gunna do?!