Chapter 7

I looked up at him, my mind running wild. I wanted so badly to get back with Dally, but he really hurt me. I was absolutely in love with this guy, and I still am.

"Dally, I love you. But I don't want the same thing to happen as last time." I replied, tears starting to form in my eyes.

"I know, and I ain't wantin' that to happen again either. These last few days have almost killed me, Beth." He explained. It almost looked as if he was gonna start crying too, but I wasn't sure. I looked up into his deep eyes, and the tears started pouring out. "I love you more than anything in the world. I've never felt this way about any other broad before. Please Beth?" he said, looking at me with those eyes that always melt me.

I looked up at him, and it almost seemed as if he was glowing. He looked beautiful in the moonlight without a shirt on. I just wanted to have him, and this was my one chance to get him back. "Yes." I whispered. He looked at me like I was a solid gold blade, and he grabbed me by the waist and swung me around. Once he put me down, he started tickling me, and he knows how ticklish I am. Being me, I screamed and started to laugh uncontrollably. Soda came running out of the house in just his jeans and looked scared as hell.

"What happened!?!?" he asked.

"Nothing... Dal was... just... tickling me!" I said between laughs. He looked from Dally to me, then back to Dally.

"What's going on here?" he asked rather seriously.

"What d'you mean Sodapop?" Dally replied smoothly.

"Are you two back together...?" Soda asked real slowly. I looked up at Dally then back at Soda.

"Hey, did you get your hair cut? It looks different." I replied, trying to change the subject. Soda looked at me strange then his eyes went real wide.

"YOU ARE!!!! I KNEW IT!!!" he yelled real loud. I looke over at Dally with what must have been a look of terror because he wrapped an arm around me and told me everything would be alright. "I can't believe you would go back to this- this loser!! After what he did to you?!?!" Soda screamed at me.

"I LOVE HIM! WHAT D'YOU EXPECT!???!!" I screamed right back at him. He looked shocked, but quickly composed himself.

"Soda, if you got a problem with me, then lets settle it the right way. Fight me." Dally said.

"To hell with that idea! Soda go back inside, we'll talk in the morning." I interrupted. He looked at me with a pained look then walked back inside. "C'mon, lets go get some sleep. I have a feeling there's gonna be a lot more reactions like that to deal with." I said to Dally as we walked back inside.

The next morning, I woke up and had a shower. Once I was done, I threw on a pair of shorts with a pink tank top and leather jacket with my black canvas shoes. Then I went and put on some makeup and fixed my hair. When I walked into the living room, I stopped. The entire gang was there, and Dally looked real uncomfortable. I slowly walked over and sat on the arm of the chair which Dal was currently sitting on, and played with my bracelet.

"Bethany, I think we need to talk." Darry said from across the room. "We're all concerned about you and Dally getting back together, he isn't exactly the best-"

"No. I am not gonna sit here and have all of you yell at me for dating Dallas." I interrupted him.

"We just don't want you to get hurt again." Steve explained, choosing his words carefully.

"I don't give a damn. I'm outta here." I said getting up and heading for the door. "You coming, or staying?" I asked Dally before walking out. He stood up and followed me out. We were half way down the street when I broke down crying. "I can't believe them! They're treating me like a little kid!" I yelled.

"Hey, it's alright, they'll get over it." Dally said, trying to comfort me.

"And if they don't?" I asked through tears. Dally took a deep breath and turned back toward the house.

"I'm gonna go talk to them. I'm gonna fix this for you." He said as he walked away from me.