t w e n t y - f o u r ♪

hi friends! i hope you're all doing well. what have you been up to this summer? i've been going to the beach, to the pool, doing photoshoots (i'm a photographer) and drinking LOTS of coffee. but mostly taking care of my seven month old little girl

 do you know those moments where life just doesn't feel real? when it feels like one those weird dreams where you run into random people or do something stupid that you would never do in real life? yeah, i'm living that right now

"you remember me, how flattering." he grins, dimples appearing in his cheeks.

"how could i forget?" i ask stupidly. duh, you only met him once, stupid. "you made really good coffee." i rush to safe myself.

he nods, "thanks! i remember you too...symphony, right? i could never forget such a beautiful name...or such a lovely face."

my cheeks redden, "um...thank you." how am i supposed to respond to that?

"harris? what's taking so long." jared's muffled voice carries to the front door.

"just a minute." i respond loud enough for him to hear.

i look back to see a baffled expression on levi's face. "i'm so sorry, i didn't realize you were with someone."

"no no it's just my boss." i say before i can stop myself. i watch his brows raise and i rush to explain, "he had a tooth pulled this morning and i had to bring him home, they called and said he wasn't allowed to drive."

i can't help but notice he looks relieved, "oh that's really cool of you. that doesn't seem like something that's be in your job description." his free hand comes up to rub the back of his neck as he chuckles. i eyeball the drinks in the holder he's carrying, excited to have my coffee.

"right." i laugh along with him, "but i was happy to do it. jared's a great boss."

"jared?" his brows furrow once again, "jared ward is your boss? and you're on a first name basis with him?" right...i forgot he somehow knows him.

"well, just outside of work." i tell him.

"but technically you are working right now...right?" i can see the question in his eyes. is this business or is this pleasure?

my cheeks are hot at the possibility of what he might be thinking, "yes, of course!" my voice is high. i pause and look at the drinks, "you know what? i'll just take those from you and let you go." grabbing them from his hands, i feel rushed to end this conversation, feeling beyond uncomfortable.