s i x ♪

sometimes i think i've met him but then i know i haven't because if it were really him then he would know he has met me too because i would be her.

 i have never been more on edge than i am in this moment

i stand here blinking patiently as mr. ward sips the coffee i chose for him this morning. i know he probably doesn't want me just standing around while he's trying to enjoy his coffee but i put so much thought into what i got him so i'm extremely curious as to if he's enjoying it or not. not that even a mind reader can tell what this man is thinking most of the time.

he sets the warm drink down on the coaster and regards it with a raised brow. i'm about to turn around and make a run for it but he stops me by asking, "may i ask what this is?"

his tone is still very much bland per usual but it's missing the dash of hatred it usually has so i think we're making progress, "it's an americano with mocha and vanilla, sir."

"interesting." he says, looking at me with a curious expression, "you may go."

"right." i nod, turning and leaving his office before he has time to make me any more uncomfortable than i already am. there's something about being in the presence of someone so confident that they feel no need to be kind to gain someone else's good opinion that kind of makes you want to vomit or something equally as horrible.

after i finished exactly three tasks from the list in the nine hours i was here yesterday, i threw in the towel and brought the work home with me. i was up until almost eleven getting things done and, even then, i only found a caterer, chose the drinks, and chose the genre of music. i haven't picked a band but it was difficult enough finding a genre that fits a variety of themes seeing as i'm not even sure what vivian has chosen yet.

at that thought, i pick up the phone warily and dial her line number. she picks up immediately saying, "what?"

"hi, vivian, i was just wondering if you've decided on a theme yet." considering i quite literally need to know if i'm going to continue with the tasks at hand. my fingers fiddle with the pen in my hand as i hear her sigh into the phone in frustration.

"well, i was going to give it more thought considering this is probably the most important decision. but, since you are pressing my hand, i have decided to go with my own idea and that is kings and queens." my brows furrow deeply, "it will be a classy event with an orchestra dancing. it will be wonderfully medieval."

"but that's one of my ideas." i try to stop the words from spilling out but i am physically incapable.

she laughs, "you're cute. now get back to work or need i remind you that this all needs to be done by friday?"