t w e n t y - e i g h t ♪

it's funny how this is probably my least popular story yet it's definitely my favorite one i've written yet!

also this chapter is dedicated to thehockeybee for commenting and being so kind! it's truly people commenting and enjoying my stories that inspires me to continue. i've been writing on wattpad for almost 10 years (wow that's insane) and my favorite part has always been getting to read reactions to my writings. that's what makes wattpad so special! so thank you. it means more than you know.

 i find myself lingering in the kitchen as i munch on a few baby carrots and ranch dressing

i find myself lingering in the kitchen as i munch on a few baby carrots and ranch dressing. for what reason, i do not know.

only minutes pass before i hear the restroom door open. i wait to see if he comes back in but instead i hear footsteps leading away and down the hall. he must be going straight to bed which is exactly where i should be going.

as soon as i get my snack put away, i head towards the bedroom furtherest on the right and hope that it's the correct one. my hand is laid on the door handle and i slowly push it open.

as it creaks open i see jared turn around as he quickly pulls his sweater down, his eyes wide. "is this your idea  of revenge, harris? because, if so, you've succeeded in leaving me thoroughly startled."

my cheeks feel hot. "i'm so so sorry. i-i thought this was the master suite."

a small smile spreads across his lips, his skin looking much more full of color since i saw him last. "i'm only kidding, it's really no problem. the master suite is the room next to this one."

i immediately look to my right, imagining sleeping just on the other side of it. that's closer than i ever imagined i would be to him at night. that thought alone causes me to avoid his eyes.

"nonetheless, i probably should have knocked."

there's a pause before i hear, "the clothes should be laid out for you on the bed."

my eyes widen and i pull my robe tighter around myself. thank goodness i'm very well covered by the plush fabric but, even so, i pull the tied strings even tighter around my waist. i fight to meet his eyes and the amusement i find there brings a small laugh out of my lips.

"thank you." i chuckle lightly before turning on my heel.

"harris?"

"yes?" i'm facing him again.

his wet hair falls over his forehead in a way i've never seen before. and with the dark green knitted sweater he adorns, he looks like a sort of homey and cozy sort of person. someone warm and kind.