f i v e ♪

coffee doesn't really solve everything but it's dang delicious.

 the weekend flies by about a million times faster when you have a job than when you don't

it's as if the universe knows that you have a job that makes you want to cry uncontrollably and doesn't understand that you need time to recover before going back for more emotional abuse.

i do see that i'm being a little melodrama but i have to get all of my emotions out before i see vivian or else i may burst into tears. plus it's kind of expected that i have some trouble adjusting to work life after being without it all my life. i'm going to experience some growing pains and i suppose it's how i handle it that really matters. with that being said, i'm well aware that i am not handling it well.

when my alarm goes off at five i slowly roll out of bed, rolling too far and landing on the floor with a thud. my eyes blink at the dark and i release a groan.

"i really need to find a place closer to the city." i mumble, pushing myself up off the floor bundled in my comforter. all i want is five more minutes of sleep but i know that if i lay back down in that bed there's no way i'm getting back up.

before i can change my mind i throw my blanket onto the bed and flip on the light switch, light flooding the room making me wince. "is this what being a vampire feels like?" i sigh.

grabbing my phone from my side table, i turn off my alarm before it can go off again and smile at a text lillian sent me last night.

lillian:
i'm sorry your first day was so rough :( i wish i was there! but don't worry, i'll see you soon enough.

i quickly respond by saying i miss her and i wish she was here with me as well.

i picked out my outfit last night so i quickly throw it on and check myself in the mirror. i haven't done my hair or makeup yet so the ensemble doesn't look quite complete but i'm happy with the way the baby blue blazer jacket and light cream colored skirt pair against my blonde hair. i flatten the white blouse underneath and pull on a pair of thin tan panty hoes to hide how pale my skin has become.

by the time i finish getting ready it's time to leave and mentally yell at myself for moving so slowly because now i can't even eat breakfast. i snatch an apple from the fridge, shoving it into my bag, before dashing outside with my coat draped over my arm.

i barely have time to get coffee and even then it takes them too long to make my own so i have no choice but to leave it and try to survive without my daily coffee.

i quickly drop vivian's coffee off at her office, dashing off to my own before she can get off the phone call she's on to speak to me.