t h r e e ♪

"i've been hearing symphonies, a rhapsody of you and me."

 another week passes before my resolve dissolves

i wake up tuesday morning with a pit in my stomach. an uneasy feeling of defeat and staled determination. i'm uneasy because i know what i need to do. at least what i need to do if i really want to see what this job opportunity is all about.

pushing my comforter away from my legs, i sit up with a sigh, rubbing my eyes with my fingers and pulling my hair up out of my face and atop my head. shuffling to my desk, i sit in my leather chair, pulling my legs up and resting my chin on my knees while i lazily open to laptop and click onto the gmail icon.

scrolling through to see if there are any second option job opportunities worth my time, i find nothing. i'm about to exit the app to change my resume when my laptop dings and an email appears at the top of the screen.

freezing, i lightly smack myself on the cheek. "you must be dreaming." i mumble, staring wide-eyed at the email i have received. my finger slowly glides across the pad, selecting it and opening up the contents. "to miss symphony harris, after some consideration, i have decided to give you a chance at an interview. below is the date and time as well as the address." i mutter quickly, my eyes running over my laptop screen, "vivian lark." i whisper the name with disbelief.

falling back into my seat, my feet drop to the floor, my hands gripping the armrests as if i'm on a wild ride and i might fly off. "i did it." i speak lowly.

i'm about to scream and celebrate but, before i have a chance to, my bedroom door opens and in walks my father, "symphony, your mother wants to make sure you're awake. it's nearly ten in the morning." he sighs just before his eyes meet my happy expression, "what happened?"

"i have an interview." i remain calm, a bright grin on my face.

my dad raises his brows, "really? that's great. congratulations." he smiles, "i knew you could do it."

"thanks dad." i reply, glancing over at the computer again to make sure it's real.

"good luck, kiddo." he winks.

"thanks." i say again what a laugh. as soon as he's gone my smile falls. now i feel as if the pressure is on. i could go there and make a fool out of myself and ruin a perfectly good opportunity.

no. i can't think like that or i'll end up psyching myself out. the key is to remain confident and positive that things will work out the way it's supposed to. the only thing i have to worry about it being prepared, professional, and well dressed.