.·:*¨༺ Ten ༻¨*:·.

Every mercer and haberdasher of Prospect Plaza welcomed Lady Vanderveer with much enthusiasm upon their arrival. It was evident to Win that she was a valued customer of all the most fashionable establishments. Speaking of the plaza, the last time he visited the place was after his mother's death which was more than ten years ago. He had never ventured into any place that she used to go to when she was alive, for the memory of her in the past hurts him more than the fact that she was already gone.

Strange that now that he was visiting the plaza after so many years, the sadness was familiar but it wasn't as strong as before. The vivacious Lady Lily also kept him company, reminding him of the many things required to be successfully reintroduced to the court as the Baron of Montgomery, and she spoke amusingly like she was the proficient one. Soon, Win's head swam with the sheer variety of materials set out for his selection, and for an island situated in the Mediterranean Sea, there seemed to be no shortage of materials.

"I don't understand, my lady," he spoke as the seamstress was taking his measurement. "You've bought me a lot of clothes already. Why are you asking me to choose a fabric?"

The marchioness was still inspecting the materials that Win had chosen. "This is different. I want an array of custom suits for your selection."

"What for?"

"What for?" Davika could only giggle, "You're the Baron of Montgomery, it's fairly normal that you're able to afford all the finest things the world could offer."

At every establishment they visited eager eyes were turned in their direction and often they were obliged to pause for their shopping. Lady Vanderveer presented Win to every member of the beau monde from the lower court to the upper court. Before they left, New reminded him to take a mental note of each and every member of the beau monde for future reference, but Win still worries that he won't be able to remember all of them since they were just too many.

At one linen draper's warehouse, Win was amazed to come face to face with the Duke Consort of the Vanderveer clan. He had been looking forward to meeting Win but couldn't find the time to visit the Marquis's household mainly due to the many activities in the society in which the duke consort was mainly involved.

"How good it is to see you again," the duke consort declared as Lady Vanderveer introduced Win. "Do you still remember me?"

Win barely remembered Deegun Rhys also known as Gun, but he recalled that he had become his playmate during boring times he had visited the court with his father in the past. The young Gun then was more casual and does not care much about activities at the court—just like Win. He was so much different when he had announced his marriage to the Duke of Vandeveer who happened to be the cousin of Bright.

"I leave you two to catch up," Lady Vanderveer stated. "I'm just going to take a look at the selection of Cartier accessories." Lady Lily followed her mama after a quick curtsey which Gun acknowledged with a bow and warm smile. As soon as they were out of earshot, the duke consort turned his gaze on Win.

"I've heard that you're going to be introduced at the court as the Baron of Montgomery," Gun continued. "I always thought this time would come."

Win sighed, feeling distinctly uncomfortable. "Papa charged Bright—I mean, Lord Vandeveer to pass the title to me many years ago," this was the story agreed upon with Lady Vanderveer. "He is not obliged to do so but he insisted."

They walked into the corner of the store to check on some brooches which the duke consort had been eyeing on and Win was just following beside him. "Have you forgotten that I'm part of this family," Gun glanced at him quickly, smirking as he did so. "There is no need to mask your real feelings towards Bright. We all know how much you detested him."