.·:*¨༺ Nineteen ༻¨*:·.

When the weekend came, Win started wondering where Bright could have been the past few days that he has not been home. Although the marquis's activities were not of his concern, for some reason he found himself thinking a great deal about his whereabouts whenever he could not catch sight of the man at the Vanderveer House.

It was also during this time that Tay came to visit him along with Gulf and the Duke Consort Gun much to his surprise. After the brief introduction at the celebration ball, the three of them have become acquainted that they even met New, the house steward the same night. Tay, who spent most of the night with New that day of the reentry did not bother to mingle with the likes of the beau monde but he did express his happiness to finally refer to Win as the Baron of Montgomery.

"Have you not heard?" Gun stated when he received all of them at the parlor where they decided to have a cup of tea. "Lord Elmers has returned from his trip to another continent and brought with him a wonderous collection of artifacts, most of them are art including marble friezes, and has been good enough to invite everyone who wishes to see them."

Even Gulf was thrilled to hear this. "Do let us go, Win! I am persuaded the exhibition will be fascinating and you would not want to miss the event."

Tay smiled at New who instructed a maidservant to put the tea on the table. "I would wish to go as well, but is it alright if I bring New?"

The house steward blushed at the sudden notion and Win was quick to notice this. "Do bring him," Gun was also teasing, and beams, "It will only be for today. I am certain Lady Vanderveer would not mind."

At any other time, Win would have enthusiastically agreed, but just as the moment his head was full of what the marchioness had told him the other day, and the fact that he was not seeing Bright in the Vanderveer House added more to his uncalled frustration. In all truth, he was not sure exactly what he had been told, but it sounded like Lady Vanderveer was expecting the marquis to announce his own betrothal in the near future. If so, to whom? Win had never witnessed Bright's partiality to anyone who could be considered remotely eligible.

"Is anything amiss, Win?" Gulf asked and at once, all eyes were on him.

"No," Win answered in a haste, "Nothing is amiss. I am just wondering...if any well-known names are expected to visit Lord Elmers's today to see the macabre collection of arts?"

Both Gulf and Tay could not comprehend his sudden interest to know the names of the guests but the duke consort replied, "I am expecting Lord Vanderveer to bring one of his retinues with him, and your aunt too."

The mention of the marquis made Win a bit fuzzy. "One of his retinues?"

"Well, he has a penchant for bringing in the most beautiful people by his side to admire the many beautiful pleasures that only the members of the beau monde can offer. I suppose he would be delighted to come. What of Lady Vanderveer?"

"Her ladyship went out with the Duke of Salisbury today although after what you just told me, I am persuaded that she might drop by to visit the exhibit as well. Who do you think the marquis would bring if you do not mind me asking?"

Gun's stare was a mixture of amusement and intrigue as he peered on his face. "Who knows? Off's cousin is an enigma even to his family members and it would be best to leave him in his business."

"Lord Vanderveer has such a reputation, has he not?" Gulf added with a chuckle. "I cannot blame the members of the beau monde vying for his affection, he truly is a catch."

Win also became aware of the way the lawyer scrutinized him. "You may bring New if you so wish, Sir Owens," he told him in an attempt to escape his curiosity. "I am persuaded he needed much diversion after helping me with my itinerary."