.·:*¨༺ Fifteen ༻¨*:·.

When the great day of the baronial court arrived and as soon as the King has approved the title to be bestowed to the eldest son of Lord Arthit Edward Montgomery, the house was in turmoil from the earliest hour. At the outset, Win thought that he would hate all the fuss and botheration involved, but although he still harbor a modicum of reserve, he realized that he will heartily enjoy being the object of everyone's attention.

As tradition goes to the Kingdom of Vermillion, the Baron (with also an alternate title of Lord) and Baroness were often inherited and belonged to someone who has a seat in the House of Lords. In his case, the title was sold to the Marquis of Vanderveer who has now decided to sponsor his reentry to the court paying his way to be introduced as the Baron of Montgomery.

Getting ready for court, he must meet the King of Vermillion first and in spite of New and Lady Vanderveer's teachings, he still finds himself anxious and thrilled at the same time. So much so that he did not notice that Bright has entered the room as he was waiting for the King's arrival.

Win was just staring in front of the mirror; his brain was filled with the things he does not wish to say to the King since he happens to have a waspish tongue and his words can often be taken out of context. Bright was standing behind him, watching him with steady eyes. And he would have continued ignoring the presence of the marquis if he did not speak.

"The number one thing to remember when you are a court herald, is that you are the voice of the Crown," Bright's baritone voice sounded to the four corners of the room making Win's shoulders flinched. "Whenever you speak in your capacity as a court herald, it is really Your Majesty's words you are saying, not yours."

Win refused to looked at him but replied nevertheless, "Meaning what?"

"Meaning anything you say reflects on the King of Vermillion Empire. Your words should not surprise or alarm the King, and while people might be paying attention to what you are saying, the court is not about you personally, but the Crown."

"You have made me even more apprehensive than I already am."

The marquis chuckled and walked a little bit closer to where he was seated but still maintain a modest space. "It will only be for a day. You would not even feel the hours passing you by."

"I am glad to hear that, for a day of both the court herald and the celebration ball that follows shall drain me."

"You really do hate it, do you?"

"Hate what?"

"The House of Lords."

At last, Win looked at him. "I do not hate it. I just do not enjoy such activities and I would rather use my title to improve the condition of the poorest area in the kingdom."

Bright smiled suddenly. "Then, take the title. A mindset like that is much needed in the House of Lords, and perchance, you may influence the others."

The entrance of a footman halted their conversation momentarily and it was announced that the King of the Vermillion Empire has finally arrived and will be ushered in one of the offices in the Vanderveer House. The Marquis waved his hand and the footman bowed down and closed the door.

Win went back to fix the collar of his suit but not before Bright suddenly bent down to fix it for him much to his utter bewilderment. He went very still, flustered beyond belief but unable to move from his seat. Bright was not looking at him, but he was too near for Win to ignore. And when he finally raised his eyes to meet his shocked gaze, all the blood went to his cheeks turning his whole face scarlet. Bright mouth curved into a smile.

"You'll be fine," the marquis encouraged.

"How can you be certain?"

"You have always been decent with others," Bright sustained and to make the matter more awkward between them, he took Win's hand and kissed it. "It is I you only hate and I endeavor to ensure that reaction will only stay with me. For I will be lonely if I see someone else making you angry."