Checking With Eric

A few days after the movie I had the entire season premiere scripted. "Look dad!" I said, excitedly. He grabbed the paper and read it silently. 

"Its great!" He said after reading it all. 

"Cause I wrote it!" I giggled.

"Well, I'm glad you finished because Eric wanted to know of you wanted to meet up for lunch to talk about it." He said. I froze. 

"Today?" I asked. My dad nodded and smiled.

"Yes, today." He said.

"Will you be there?" I questioned. 

"Of course! I'm not leaving my baby girl all alone. You could get kidnapped." He whispered the last sentence.

I smiled and shook my head. "You act like I'd let them." I said. He chuckled and shook his head. 

"I know you wouldn't but, if someone wants ransom money, they will do anything to take you." He noted. 

"I guess." I shrugged. "But Eric would be there."

"Yeah, but I wanna watch how you do. And I know you are going to freeze up." He smirked. 

"You know me so well." I laughed. 

"Well, you are the product of me , so..." His voice trailed and I crinkled my nose. 

"You're so gross." I said. He laughed and stood up. 

"Its life." He told me. 

"I know but....ew!" I groaned. He laughing again and began walking to the kitchen. I followed behind him quietly. "Dad?" I said. He hummed in response. "When are we meeting Eric?" He looked at me and smirked.

"He's picking us up in an hour." He said. 

"You already told him yes?" I squeaked. 

"I knew you'd agree....but you better go get dressed." He said. I looked down and noticed I was still in my pajamas.

I groaned and ran upstairs to change. I wasn't quite in the shorts mood but a dress or skirt wasn't my style. So I threw on some light blue, almost white, ripped skinny jeans. Then I put on a pink Aeropostale shirt with my denim jacket and I looked amazing if I do say myself. I brushed my hair and teeth and put on a little makeup, just because, and bolted down the stairs.

My dad was sitting on the couch and I sighed. "I rushed for nothing, huh?" I asked. He looked at his watch and nodded. 

"We've still got another thirty minutes." He laughed. I nodded and sat down by him.

He was watching the news and I put in my head phones and watched a little YouTube. Yes, I watch YouTube. I am a teenage girl and enjoy YouTube...almost as much as writing. Keep this a secret, I like YouTube way more than writing. Don't tell anyone.

I began watching the video of One Direction's performance for Capital FM's Summertime Ball. The way Louis said 'Lightning' in Girl Almighty got me messed up. I watched it over and over again. I must've watched it a ton because I was fangirling when the doorbell rang.

My dad got up and I continued fangirling. "Dad! Louis just... I can not!" I shouted. He laughed and opened the door. By the way I heard my dad laughing and all, I knew it was Eric. I put my phone and headphones in my pocket and grabbed the script, running toward the door.

When Eric seen me his face lit up even more, if that's even possible. "Sara! My God, you're getting big." He said. 

"Um, I'm actually really short and, its only been a few weeks since I last seen you." I smiled.