The Kiss

I wasn't really ready for the kissing scene but I sort of was at the same time. I really liked James. I was glad it was with him. I was very glad actually. We had been together for long enough for me to kiss him. I was just more anxious than scared.

"Sara?" I jumped at the sound of my name and a hand on my shoulder. "Oh, sorry. Didnt mean to scare you."

"Devon. Geez, don't do that." I laughed, turning toward him. He chuckled and held his hands up in defense.

"Sorry." He laughed. I nodded and kept smiling.

"It's okay. Whats up?" I asked.

"Nothing. Just wanted to see you." He said. I nodded slowly and my genuine smile became a fake one. It was just something about him.

"Oh, that's nice." I grinned. He smiled a nodded, trying to get closer to me. I backed away slowly and kept smiling.

"What's wrong?" He asked me.

"Nothing. Its just....personal bubble." I made a circle with my fingers and he chuckled.

"True." He nodded. I nodded and he stayed back a bit. "You won't have personal space when you kiss James today." He winked and I wasn't sure how to think about it.

"It's okay. I like James." I spoke softly.

"And you dont like me?" He was smiling and slowly getting closer to me as I if I wouldn't notice.

"As a friend." I said, backing away again.

"Not as anything more?" By this point, I was pressed against the wall.

"Not really." I whispered. He was too close to me. We were all alone in the room and I was about to cry. "Can you back away?" He finally seemed to realize something and nodded, backing away.

"Sorry. I'll just go." He left the room and I sat there in shock for a minute. Finally, I got the nerve to move. I came out the room and searched for James. I found him and ran by his side.

"Hey." He spoke, noticing immediately that something was wrong. He grabbed my hand and walked me to a corner. "You okay?" I didnt know if I should tell him or not. If I told, he may freak out but if I didn't, it would continue happening. Sighing, I took the middle road.

"It's okay. Devon just scared the living daylights out of me." I spoke. James stared at me for a minute, searching my face for a lie. He had gotten good at knowing when I was lying. However, this wasn't a lie. Devon had scared me. I just hadn't said why. Therefore, I didn't lie.

"He scared you?" James asked. I nodded and he chuckled. "Awe. You got scared. My poor, poor Sara." He held me close and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't laugh at me." I said, smiling into his jacket, hugging him close.

"Sorry, sweetie." He chuckled. "You're just so cute."

"Whatever." I laughed.

"James! Sara! Nice to see you two getting along before the kiss." Olivia said, wiggling her eyebrows. I shrugged and nodded.

"I guess so." I spoke.

"You guess? It's adorable!" She laughed. I shrugged and smiled.

"Why are you making such a big deal about it?"

"Because you two are honestly goals. How long have you two been together now?" She asked. 

"Oh, geez. Almost two years I think." I shrugged. Olivia laughed and nodded. 

"See. That's adorable." She giggled. I shrugged and nodded. 

"I guess." I laughed with her. 

"Sara! Olivia! You two need to shoot a quick scene. Let's get going!" Mr. Zamboni shouted. James kissed my forehead and smiled.