Star Gazing

"Sara." My dad whispered, shaking me awake. I groaned and looked up.

"What?" I whispered. I looked at my phone. "Dad, it's three in the morning. What are you doing?"

"Come here. I want to show you something." He said. He walked out my room and I yawned, sitting up slowly. I had this undeniable urge to plop back down in my bed and sleep but I was super curious. I put on my flops and slowly walked down the stairs, finding my dad standing by the door. He motioned for me to follow him outside so I did.

We were in Texas for spring break and I was having a nice dream. Of course my dad wanted me awake at three A.M. though. Filming for Blackwater Cave was on break so dad and I came to Texas. Something that was very much needed. I was exhausted.

James and I have been a lot more close but we haven't ever made it back to the kiss. Just didn't feel like the right time.

I followed my dad out the door and he smiled at me. He then plopped down on a blanket laying on the ground. "What are you doing?" I chuckled softly, rubbing my eyes.

"Lay down with me." He said. I was tired and didn't really care if it was the ground or not. So I plopped down next to my father.

"Hey Sara." He smiled.

"Hey daddy." I smiled back at him, my eyes slowly adjusting. "What are we doing?"

"Look at the stars." He said. I looked up and gasped. I had never really looked at it while I was in Texas. They were so pretty. There wasn't much light pollution so you could see everything. There were so many stars. Different intensities, different sizes. A few blinked, others had a consistent light. You could see part of the Milky Way in all its glory. Never had galaxy had a better meaning. It was breathtaking. I didn't know what to say other than wow. "Beautiful, isn't it?" He asked. I nodded and laughed a little.

"I've never seen so many stars in my life." I said. He nodded and smiled.

"I had to show you." He said.

"Is this it?" I asked. "You just wanted to show me some stars?" He looked at me for a minute and I looked at him. Both laying flat on the blanket. We could hear crickets and other nightly insects all around. It was almost like it was a scene set up to be perfect.

"Well, star gazing with you. I miss just having our father/daughter bonding." He said. I smiled.

"Awe. I miss it too." I nodded.

"You've been working so hard. If you're not working, you're sleeping. So, I thought tonight, if you wanted, we could watch the stars together." Dad told me. I smiled and shook my head.

"You're such a softie. Dean would be disappointed in you." I smiled. He laughed slightly and looked up. He was quiet for a minute before looking at me again.

"Are you disappointed in me?" He asked. I looked back at him and furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why would I be?" I asked.

"Do you think I've been a bad father? In any way to you? Do you think it's bad I've raised you into acting?"

"Where's all this coming from?" I asked him. He sighed and looked away.

"Nevermind."

"No, no, no, no. You brought it up. Now tell me." I told him, moving his head to face me again. He sighed and closed his eyes for a minute. When he opened them, I could see tears in his eyes. "What's wrong?" I asked softly. He was quiet for a while before I finally got him to speak.

"There's just...there are people, you know. People say things and...when it's about you...it gets to me." He said.

"Someone said you raised me wrong?" I asked. He shrugged and nodded.