Back In Texas

The next few weeks flew by. We were back in Canada, filming and I was super busy all the time. It was Christmas break before I even realized. Dad and I were going back to Austin, Texas. Jared was in Texas too, but for his family. "Dad! Dad! DAAAAAD!" I shouted from the backyard. 

"What?" He shouted from inside.

"Come outside with me!" I shouted. I heard silence that followed before he stuck his head out the open door and I smiled.

"I'm talking to your grandparents right now." He said.

"Awe, come on dad. I miss you! We're always too tired to talk. Just come chill with me!" I spoke. He chuckled and went back inside. I stood where I was and two minutes later he came back out with his flannel on. "Hey." I smiled.

"Hey." He answered. I stood close to him and led him to the porch swing that was in the middle of the huge yard. We sat in the wooden swing and I laid on his shoulder and looked at the blue, cloudless sky and the grass that seemed to go on forever. 

"I miss Texas." I said. 

"Me to." Dad nodded. 

"Acting is hard work. When do we have to go back?Before the new year or no?" 

"Yeah, before." He nodded. I nodded slowly, then looked up at him. 

"Guess what?" I said, smirking. 

"What?" He questioned.

"I'm going to be thirteen in two days." I spoke. He shook his head. 

"Don't remind me." He sighed.

"That's what I do." I told him, shrugging. He sighed and we talked for a while longer. J.J. and mom were inside but had to leave to see her family before Christmas. It made me upset that we never really see each other but hey, what can you do? I looked at my phone, which had no new notifications. "Can I ride a horse?" I asked.

"I don't see why not." Dad answered. 

"Great! Wanna help me?" I asked. He nodded and we went out to the pasture. He helped me saddle up the horse and I effortlessly got on her. I patted the horses mane and smiled down at my dad. "Gosh! I miss this feeling." I smiled before I started took off. I rode the horse until it was time for dinner. I was really happy for tonights dinner! It was sloppy Joe night! 

The next two days involved family and such, then, on December 21st...IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY!!!! I was turning thirteen. I was finally an actual teenager. As soon as I woke up, I had a million texts. All from Mel. It was basically her saying 'happy birthday best friend' but she said it with many many many texts. I also got a text from James. 

James;-P: Happy birthday! I'm really glad I'm in a relationship with such a great girl! A girl who makes me smile no matter what. A girl who cares more about family and friendships than anyone i've ever met. Miss you. Can't wait to see you when you come back. 

I was so in love with this text. It was perfect. From the perfect boy. I honestly had no reason to dislike it. He put things so perfectly. Plus, he knows I'm not ready to say 'I love you' so he doesn't force me or make me feel weird by saying it. 

Me: AWE JAMES!!!!!!! THATS SO SWEET!!!! I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU EITHER!!!! 

I finally got out of bed and as soon as I did, I was ecstatic. "Happy birthday honey!" Dad shouting, handing me a plate of pancakes. 

"Thanks, daddy." I smiled. We ate before he made me go get dressed and ready to leave. I just put on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I ran back downstairs and smiled at my dad. "Okay! Now tell me where we're going!" I laughed. He shook his head and we ran out the house. I got in the car and we began driving to town.