part 8 | day & night

after his leave, everything became monotonous.

i felt so empty.

he promised to contact me whenever he gets a free time.

promises are meant to be broken.

yes, it's not a big deal. as he was just a crush. only a college crush.

i kept telling myself this again and again just to wait for him subconsciously.

time really flies by..

i went forward with the flow. i never thought about being in love. at this time, i focused more on my studies. i kept myself busy day and night to forget about him. but he always stayed there. somewhere i could never forget.

after five years,

the hardwork was worth it. my childhood dream was accomplished. finally i got a job in MIRAE HIGH SCHOOL as a biology teacher.

i enjoyed teaching the students. i got so much busy with my work that gradually joohyuk became just an another random thought.

it was over.

Present time

as always i was taking classes. the class bell rang. before i start moving, few students already ignored my existence there. i sighed and exited the classroom. i went to the teacher's room.

i organized my desk and take out my lunch box. it was the same sandwich i made everyday. i took a bite while checking some doubts that the students asked.

after the lunch break, i got up and went to other class room to take classes. i was told that a transfer student would come that day. and there he is. i asked him to introduce himself. i heard him saying, "joohyuk"

that name rang in ears. i felt the adrenaline rush. i recalled the first time we met. i again had that pounding heart when i was in the college.

"kang joohyun. nice to meet you! i'm looking forward"

oh. it was kang joohyun not joohyuk.
but what's with the sudden recall?

every student was looking at me, waiting for me to speak. i gazed over them. i got a hold of myself and told him to go sit to a empty seat.

after all the class, finally its time to go home. i took all the things in my bag and went outside.

i stood at the bus stop. i remembered the time when joohyuk told me about his leave. i was pretty much surprised because he would talk so many things but he didn't say anything about this.

i got on the bus and sat near the window. i put on some music on my earphones and unfortunately my playlist was giving only sad songs. and it was the ost of start up kdrama 'day & night'. the lyrics couldn't have been this relatable.

i felt tears coming out of my eyes. i tried to hold my tears but i was in vain.

ajumma beside me asked, "agassi(miss), are you okay?" she patted my back, "don't cry. it will be okay." 

i cried so hard that day. i was holding it for too long. it was normal to burst out one day.

i thanked the ajumma and left the bus. every people i saw on the street was glancing at me as i was sobbing. i reached home.

i quickly freshen up to calm myself down. i even lost apetite. i got on the bed and slept without thinking any complicated things.