part 12 | i'll pick you up

time flies by.

we always found ourselves at the happiest point when we are together. students were shipping us like celebrities. even though we were not in a relationship. at first i was ignoring the fact that we were close enough to be in a romantic situation but deep in my heart i was afraid of being rejected.

six months after,

i heard someone named jang eunhae joined our school as an English teacher. as always i was the one who were in the charge of helping her. i never tried to boast about me or outdo anything before her but she always had the look that i was snatching her opportunities. i just ignored her behavior. for few days, she had noticed that i'm close to joohyuk so she behaved more rudely. whenever i had to talk to her, i would get a hold of myself.

so one day she was behaving too friendly since the beginning of the school. i was doing some important works and then eunhae approched to me with a fake genuine smile and said, "hey, are you and joohyuk in a relationship? i wanna ask him out". i asked seriously, "have you ever talk to him? because it's bad idea to ask someone out of nowhere".

she replied,"have i ever asked your advice? just say no or yes." i said,"i don't know, ask him."

eunhae said, "you're jealous. you know that i can snatch away from you anytime". i replied while typing on the keyboard, "he's not an object so stop treating him like that. "

she frowned at my words and went to her seat.

then joohyuk entered the room and she waved at him. joohyuk waved back and approached me saying, "what's your plan today? i'm thinking we should grab a meal together". i could sense that eunhae heard it and glaring at me.

i told him, "sure, i have no problem".
he gave me a thumbs up and went to his desk.

i got back to my work and took some classes before lunch time. when i went to the office, i was looking for joohyuk but he was not there. i took my lunch and went to the place where we always eat. i reached there and saw eunhae and joohyuk were talking. i was watching them from far away. suddenly she held joohyuk's wrist and subconsciously i was getting angry. then i saw joohyuk moving away her hand from him and left.

i went towards him. i said, "hey, i was looking for you." he asked, "yeah i was already here waiting for you. btw why are you looking so red? are you having fever?", saying this he touched my forehead. i immediately said, "yah why are you doing this? it's nothing."
i looked up to meet his eyes. he was looking at me with his worried eyes. i was hoping that he didn't notice me at that time.

we had our lunch and i pretended that i wasn't there before. we returned to get ready for the classes.

finally it was time to head back homes. before i reached to joohyuk, i saw eunhae grabbing on his arms and saying, "joohyuk-ssi, let's eat together." joohyuk politely moved away her hands and said, "eunhae-ssi, i already told you, i have plans today. and i can't cancel it."

i looked to him and his smile had got me smiling. he said,"let's go!". i could feel the glare from her. i nodded and we left.

we headed towards a new restaurant and ordered some ramen and dumplings. i suggested,"should we order soju?". he said,"are you sure?"
i nodded yes.

we digged in all the foods and drink. and after the hectic day, it was like a reward to me having soju with my favourite person at the end of the day. i was a little bit drunk.

i said,"joohyuk-ah, today i saw you and eunhae talking at the lunch break. i don't know why but my heart was beating fast. i was afraid that you are going away like in the past",drinking one more glass of soju. i saw joohyuk taking all the bottles and glasses away from me. he said, "you're again drunk, let's go".

"yah, i'm not drunk. i can handle now unlike that time."

"okay, but i think we should leave now".

after leaving the place, we were walking on the street and suddenly we felt raindrops.

it started to rain.