part 13 | is it love?

raindrops started falling faster...

we started to find a shade place. it was raining hard so it took few minutes to get wet. but we were having fun under the rain.

near a park, we saw a bench which was under a big umbrella. we hurriedly went there. we were holding our hands through this time until we realized.

that bench was on a higher surface so we had to jump on it. at first joohyuk jumped on and then my drunk self didn't allow me to do it properly. i almost tripped but thankfully i grabbed his hands and he helped me.

we tried to sit comfortably with the drenched clothes. i was looking on the other direction, crossing my arms. i was sitting a little far from joohyuk. i was acting like "it's nothing".

then suddenly the lightning with thunder was seen. i flinched too bad that i had to move closer to him. joohyuk said awkwardly,"you can hold my shirt if you want". i decided not to hold it but nature didn't want me to do that.

another thunder was heard. now i had to clenched on his shirt. only raining and our breathing sound were clear to our ears. we could definitely feel each other's heartbeat. i took the lead to start a conversation.

"it's raining too long. i wonder when it will end."

joohyuk said, "honestly, i don't want it to stop"

i looked at him and asked,"why?"

he replied,"as you will go on your own way, i won't be able to see you then."

after saying this, he looked at me with different emotion in his eyes. i was familiar with this. now i understood what they wanted to say that day. that day when we were under the cherry blossom tree.

i put my hand on his shoulder and said in worried tone,"joohyuk-ah, are you alr-". i was cut off in the middle of sentence as he leaned in. my lips were parted as if my brain already knew.

before doing anything, he asked,"may i have your permission?". i was too nervous to answer or nod. i pulled in closer by his collar. our lips touched.

i could feel his heartbeat rising up. after pulling away, we were taking deep breath. it felt like we were not breathing for a while. he was shivering so bad. we both knew that we want more of this.

we made an eye contact.

slowly, an invisible force was felt, we leaned in. our lips met again. this time it was a soft, tender kiss. we almost forgot about rain.

we pulled away. joohyuk smiled. he brushed my hair and tucked it behind my ear. he uttered, "you look so pretty right now. ".

i laughed softly and said,"now you sound like a drunk person".

we both laughed.

after a few minutes, rain stopped. it was getting cold. we walked together until it was time to part our ways.

i reached my home, and sneezed. that's when i knew that i can't go to school tomorrow. i quickly freshen up and made a hot tea. while drinking it, i recalled the kissing part and almost choked on it. before hurting myself, i just wiped off all the thoughts and drank it quietly.

i went to bed then i heard a notification sound. i saw joohyuk's dm saying "good night y/n. make sure to drink something hot before you go to sleep".

i literally melted at this sweet dm. i replied back and went to sleep with a blushing smile on my face.