part 10 | you & i

at 2pm the school was dismissed. everyone got ready to leave. except joohyuk. when no one left in the room, i went to joohyuk and knocked on desk to grab his attention.

joohyuk looked up to me and i asked awkwardly,"gachi gasilleyo?"(do you wanna go together?)

"what's with the politeness??", joohyuk laughed.

"you really haven't change. answer my question first"

"okay but let me check something." he turned to the computer. i waited for few minutes. i heard him clicking enter key and he uttered, "and done. let's go"

he grabbed his jacket. and we left the office room. we walked through the hallways without saying a word. only our footsteps were being heard. after getting out of the school, he finally took a lead to make a conversation.

"so how have you been?"

"life is going on with the flow. nothing special. you? "

"same here. "

again it was silence. the silence was not a comfortable one.

we stood at the bus stop waiting for the bus. he uttered, "everytime i stand at the bus stop i always remember our last face-to-face conversation." giving a small smile.

"and you didn't even get time to message me. even not for once in these five years," i said in a serious tone.

he replied, "i'm sorry. i was really busy."

"you can see how many messages i have sent you. at least you should have seen it once so that i could know that you're alive for sure", i said without looking at him and crossing my arms over the chest.

"i'm really sorry y/n, now i'm with you. i don't need anything.",he said.

i sighed and look at him. thought to myself, "maybe i'm overreacting or is he being too normal?". i wiped off all the thoughts and nodded to him.

our bus came. joohyuk said, "to make you feel good, i will take you to somewhere".

we got one seat empty so i told him sit there even though he offered me.

i asked while standing, "may i ask to where?"

he replied, "you will know when you get there. "

"you and your stupid suspense", i uttered. he smiled at me and told, "and you missed it". i playfully scoffed at his statement.

i was holding the back of the seat and the bus suddenly stopped. i almost lost my balance but someone behind pushed me.

i accidentally sat on joohyuk's lap. i quickly stood straight. both of our faces had turnt red. he suggested, "you should sit now". he got up and gestured me to sit. i tried not to make eye contact and sat.

after a few minutes, we reached our destination. it was han river. while we were walking, the pleasing breeze touched my face. i let out a contented sigh.

"are you happy now?"

i looked at him pouting and said, "no"

he just laughed at my sarcasm and started to find empty bench. after looking here and there, we found an empty one and sat comfortably.

joohyuk said snapping his finger,"i should go and get some drinks for us"

"don't bring soju or beer. i don't wanna embarrass myself again. "

"arasseo (i get it)",he said and went to a convenience store.

while waiting for him, i was staring at the sky. the constellation. wow!

suddenly i felt a cold thing touching my neck. i screamed, "AAHH! WHAT WAS THAT?!?". i looked behind to find out who is culprit. without any surprise, it was joohyuk. he was laughing so hard that his face was red.

i couldn't help but laugh at this situation. joohyuk gave me canned cold coffee. i opened up and sipped a bit.

"woah it's hitting so hard",i said with satisfaction. he agreed.

we both got comfortable.

the lights from nearby city buildings were sparkling and creating a magical atmosphere. we were so silent that we can hear the waves' sound.

sipping his drink, joohyuk uttered, "i was waiting for this moment. whenever i watch this river, i feel like everything has going slowly like these waves."

i hummed in agreement but didn't take my eyes off from the river view.
"it's been a long time i've ever felt at ease", i said.

"glad to have this moment with you", he said with soft eyes looking at me.

the gentle setting midst of the city's twinkling lights helped the bond between us to be more closer.

author's note:-
this is my first time writing a long chapter. sorry for any mistakes. feel free to comment your thoughts and don't forget to vote the chapter if you like it. love you y'all <3